Vandals Spray Paint U.S. Regulars Monument at Gettysburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandals Spray Paint U.S. Regulars Monument at Gettysburg

Looks like there has been more vandalism at Gettysburg, this time they spray painted the regulars monument, here's the link to the full story with photos.

The west side of the monument to the United States Regulars on Cemetery Ridge near[...]

Regards,
    -Seth Harr

Liberty Rifles
    93rd New York Coffee Cooler
    [I]
    "One of the questions that troubled me was whether I would ever be able to eat hardtack again. I knew the chances were against me. If I could not I was just as good as out of the service"[/I]
    [B]-Robert S. Camberlain, 64th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry[/B]

Re: Vandals Spray Paint U.S. Regulars Monument at Gettysburg

Sigh. If there is a reason to taser this is it. What is the signifigance of the Red Rags?
    Brian Schwatka
    Co. K 3rd US Regulars
    "Buffsticks"

Comment

Great, not even 0730 hrs and I'm already angry.

Have yet to figure the significance of the red cloth.
      Steven Flibotte
      Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
      Confederate Marines Company C./Marine Guard USS Galena
      Tidewater Maritime Living History Association

Comment

What kind of pigs would really do this? It just pisses me off... If only THEY were the fallen men that that monument was honorin.. I hope these people get caught and taken care of properly
        Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl
        The Tater Mess

Comment

The red cloth is the mark of a group of urban climbers. It is tied at the top of the object climbed to signify that it has been "conquered."
          Brian Koenig
          SGLHA
          Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Obviously whatever measures the park is taking are NOT work. The downside is the amount of ground that has to be covered by probably only a few people makes it near impossible to protect the resources there. If/when anyone is caught the hammer needs to come down hard on them to show others what's in store for them. They need to start posting signage at all of the parks exits and entrances outlining the punishment for committing vandalism. Even if it's just some clown climbing a monument. ~G
            Gary Dombrowski
            [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Very bad karma....
              Tom "Mingo" Machingo
              Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
              Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
              Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
              KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Of course,the red cloth could also be the sign of anarchist.Seeing as little punks like that have no respect for anything,the poor quality of the tagging,and the monument was tagged for the Regulars (anarchist would see that as a sign of the "military industrial blah-blah-blah),I say it's time to look in on the local bloqs and let them see how tough they are in the US' finest.
                Cullen Smith
                South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

The red cloths have been a continual issue since about April/May 2008. They have appeared on several tall monuments including the 44th NY Monument, Pennsylvania Monument, Michigan Cavalry Brigade Monument, and the Longstreet Tower.

The graffiti is obviously a political statement of some sort.

Considering that the red cloths have been appearing since 2008 I don't believe that the cloths and the graffiti are related incidents.
                  Brian Koenig
                  SGLHA
                  Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Working...
                  X