Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men of Kentucky Unite

Men of Kentucky unite!

I heard that the Jefferson Davis statue at the capitol in Frankfort is being discussed for removal. Once again the few will dictate how we remember our history. President Davis was born here in Kentucky, as was President Lincoln. As a history teacher I feel it necessary to teach the whole history, and not just what is in a particular textbook. It would appear that the “winner” is again writing history for us by removing that which offends them. If you hail from the great state of Kentucky, please contact your local representative in Frankfort and let them know your position on this subject.

Humbly,
    Christopher D.M. Helvey
    Christopher Helvey

Re: Men of Kentucky Unite

Have there been any published accounts of this in the paper or government publications? I'd be interested in reading more about the how, when and why. Who is proposing this action?
    Matthew Rector

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Rector
      Have there been any published accounts of this in the paper or government publications? I'd be interested in reading more about the how, when and why. Who is proposing this action?
      From my understanding this bill has already been defeated a few weeks ago. It was one of those "under the table, backdoor type" bills started by 3 people. It was quickly crushed by Ky Reps, local citizens, and the KY SCV.
      ewtaylor
      bluegrass rifles
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor
        It was quickly crushed by Ky Reps, local citizens, and the KY SCV.
        And rightfully so! I guess its something to keep an eye on.
        Matthew Rector

Comment

EWTAYLOR is correct, this little mess was snuffed out a couple of weeks ago, and is only now making the news outside those involved. The SCV, MOSB,UDC,and OCR among others secured the votes necessary to veto this through a vigorous phone/email/petition effort, thank goodness. Isn't there enough strife going on in the world to keep these trouble makers busy? Phew. :baring_te
          Michael Semann
          AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

Working...
          X