Urgent Appeal on Mansfield Preservation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Appeal on Mansfield Preservation

Friends - Dusty reported this a couple weeks back and here is an update on how we are doing:

Well boys the federal govt and the Austin Texas CW Roundtable have stepped up to the plate big time to support buying the 60 acres we are negotiating for on the Porter Farm (price $60,000 or $1000 per acre) at Mansfield. Every dollar that we raise now is matched 3 for 1 by CWPT, the feds and Austin CWRT. That is a fantastic deal and a real credit to CWPT. If I read the flyer right, $10,000 is in place by CWPT, so we need to raise the balance of $50,000, meaning if we in this hobby could raise $12,500, the 3 to 1 matches would kick in and we would be there (check my math Dusty).

We have raised over $2400 in our two raffles, $500 more through registration donations ($5 per man) and there is an additional amount already raised by the marchers from special events and simple door to door appeals that could run in the several thousand as well.

Please help any way you can comrades. Buy raffle tickets, find us at the event or join Friends of Mansfield and/or the Civil War Preservation Trust. Many of you have done so much already - please pass the word.

please e-mail me at coop2911@msn.com with questions on how to raise money, donate yourself or if you need custom donation flyers.

thanks!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org
Working...
X