Resaca Battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to Arms! Resaca Battlefield

FAMOUS CIVIL WAR BATTLEFIELD NOW OFFERED FOR SALE. 432.46 ACRES TOTAL. 422.46 IN A CONSERVATION EASEMENT. THIS IS WHERE THE FAMOUS BATTLE OF RESACA RE-ENACTMENTS TAKE PLACE, AND CAN BE LEASED FOR THOSE EVENTS. BEAUTIFUL ROLLING TOPOGRAPHY, BORDERS COOSAWATTEE RIVER, TEN ACRES NOT UNDER CONSERVATION AND COULD BE DEVELOPED. EASY ACCESS TO I-75. ADJACENT TO PROPERTY (NOT INCLUDED IN SALE) IS CONFEDERATE CEMETERY. A CHANCE TO OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY IN A BREATHTAKING SETTING OF MOSTLY CLEARED LAND WHICH COULD ALSO BE FARMED, DAIRY, OR LIVESTOCK.
    Captain Shane Pinson
    President of The NSLHG
    Chief of Staff/Southern Federal Battalion
    Captain/WolfPack Mess
    5th Great-Grandson Of Lt.Gen.Winfield Scott

Re: Resaca Battlefield

Hope if this is sold, it is in the right hands. Was there this past weekend, and is a beautiful piece of land.
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]John R. Legg[/SIZE][/FONT]

[email]Johnlegg90@gmail.com[/email]

"Alright, Legg, what did you screw up now?" - C. Henderson
    Ft.Blakeley LH - May 25-27
    Maryland, My Maryland. - September 7-9
    6th Wisconsin Antietam LH - September 15-17
    150th Perryville - October 5-7
    Valley Forge - January 18-20, 2013

Comment

If only I was a millionaire.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I thought it got saved last year and was in the process of becoming a state park. I guess i was mistaken , How sad. Jonesboro battlefield is having problems a well. A funeral home is trying to build on a portion of the battlefield. I guess old Pat was right when he said,
        "Our youth will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and maimed veterans as fit objects for derision...."
        Kyle W. Sanders

Armory Guards
        Pick'in eny Mess

"America has no north, no south, no east, no west. The sun rises over the hills and sets over the mountains, the compass just points up and down, and we can laugh now at the absurd notion of there being a north and a south. We are one and undivided." -Sam Watkins-1st Tennessee

Comment

The property that will become a state park is on the west side of Interstate 75.

The property mentioned above, where the reenactment is held, is on the east side of the Interstate.

go to the website above for maps of the state park area.

And yes Rufus, if I were only a millionaire........
          Tony Patton

Comment

Tony, thanks for the clarification. Being so close to, and involved with the battle site, I am glad you shed light (and links) on this issue. I truely do hope that the Chitwood Farm area is preserved in some manner. My direct ancestor was in Brown's Tennessee brigade basically holding the line right off of Dalton Hwy on the land in question. Another distant ancestral cousin was in the 20th Connecticut in Coburn's Brigade.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Working...
            X