Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Related Preservation Cause?

Hello,

For the past several years the ladies in my group have been selling small items at some events with the intention of donating the money to a preservation cause. We have a modest amount collected and would like to find a good cause to give it to. The consensus is that we'd like to donate it to a cause that is somehow related to Civil War civilians.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cause such as this that is looking for donations? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jessica Craig
    funds raised by the Ladies of the 1st MA Cavalry
    Jessica Craig
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society (AGSAS)

Re: Civilian Related Preservation Cause?

Well, my first thought was:

The United Daughters of the Confederacy houses various archival collections of both civilian and military materials--they are always in need of addtional funds to aid in the preservation of these collections.

But then I looked at your location and thought differently--There is a similar women's organization and collection on the Union side, though I'm not sure what they have in the way of civilian collections. http://www.duvcw.org/
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
    X