Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help save 69 acres of Glendale, Malvern Hill and First Deep Bottom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWT: Help save 69 acres of Glendale, Malvern Hill and First Deep Bottom!

Lets do our part and donate today!

Sorry, the page you were looking for doesn’t exist. Have you tried our keyword search? Go to the homepage or email us at web@battlefields.org if we...
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: Help save 69 acres of Glendale, Malvern Hill and First Deep Bottom!

I'm sure my ancestor would rather forget about being captured on that ground, but I won't! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Hermann, which ancestor was it and where was he captured? By your signature, I'm going to assume Joseph A. Weckerly at Glendale. I can check our park library for any related sources!

S.
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Well, all this time, and I've had an error in my signature...! Weckerly was actually wounded the day before, courtesy of the 2nd South Carolina, at Savage's Station. Lt. Hopkins, however, was picked up during the Confederates' final push against Lt. Randol's battery on the 30th.
        Marc A. Hermann
        Liberty Rifles.
        MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
        Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Ah, several good accounts of that, including Troiani's famous "Southern Cross" which depicts the 7th Pa. converging into Randol's battery. Some of the best accounts of Savage Station come from Kershaw's brigade so I'll see what I can find!
          Jason C. Spellman
          Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Working...
          X