Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville Preservation - From On the Ground

Greetings:

I had the opportunity to visit the Perryville Battlefield yesterday for the Western Federal Blues Annual Meeting. First of all, thank you to the Blues for their hospitality. We met in the historic Bottom House right on the battlefield. It was a great setting with great people on a pristine battlefield.

Perryville is about 2 1/2 hours from where I sit in West Chester, Ohio. Those of us around Cincinnati kind of consider it our "home battlefield". The site and preservation activities are managed by Chad Greene, Joni House and Kurt Holman. Perryville has been very active with the Civil War Trust in preserving the battlefield. Over the last ten years, Perryville, working with the trust, has re-claimed hundreds of lost acres of the original ground.

For a demonstration of how battlefield land is preserved, check out their image timeline in this link:

http://perryvillebattlefield.org/html/preservation_news.html

Congratulations to Perryville for showing what can be done on a local, state, and national level.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Perryville Preservation - From On the Ground

Great link Eric, good to see preservation at work.
    Robert Gobtop
    Ol Sipley Mess
    ONV
    Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Eric! Although I no longer live in Ohio I have also considered Perryville as my home battlefield as well. It is good to see the park is still going strong with its preservation efforts and even better to see the progress that has been made.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

It is a great place to be. I've thoroughly enjoyed each visit I have made and look forward to more.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Working...
        X