Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage to Underground Railroad Museum in Flushing, OH

Ladies and gentlemen,
    A pipe burst in the Underground Railroad Museum this past weekend, damaging a great deal of irreplaceable material. the curator, John Mattox, would appreciate any help he can get to conserve the wet documents, posters and other items soaked during the break. Here are the particulars and contact information:

(It's ironic that work has to wait on an insurance adjuster. John was an insurance agent for many years and originally hosted the museum at his office.)
    Becky Morgan

Re: Damage to Underground Railroad Museum in Flushing, OH

Oh no!!! how unfortunate to hear about the flooding...hope everything works out for the museum :(
    Thanks for posting this, Becky!
    [B][FONT=Courier New]~Mia Marie[/FONT][/B]
    Historical Interpreter

Comment

Becky:

Thank you for passing this information along. Hopefully you can save as much as possible. I moved this discussion into the Preservation Forum since this relates to a historic site. This will also allow more people to see this message since the Sinks are only seen by those who are logged in.

Best of luck Becky! Please let us know how things turn out.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Thank you for putting this where it belonged--I wasn't sure, but knew it would be of interest.

Should anyone want to have a better look at the museum, some exhibits are online (and there are some nice articles about Dr. Mattox, too:)
        The Underground Railroad Museum Foundation - Preserving history in the Ohio Valley

He's an extraordinary man, and if anyone can get this mess sorted out he can. Some of the artifacts he has are nothing short of alarming, but they all tell a story that needs to be heard. I'm glad the bills of sale for various people survived intact.
        Becky Morgan

Comment

Working...
        X