• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWT: BIG donation to four battlefields

Got this from Paul Boccadoro,

Great work everyone!!

All,

Today on the 150th anniversary of the final actions of the Spotsylvania campaign, a total of $930.00 has been donated to the Civil War Trust to help save 306 acres of threatened land at Appomattox, Petersburg, Bentonville, and Mansfield. Since these donations are matched with an additional $10 for every $1, our contribution actually amounts to $10,230.00 and calculates to saving 2 ¼ acres of land. This marks our third collective donation during the 150ths, and including the matching funds, we've contributed a grand total of $32,089.20 towards preservation.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who sent online donations, mailed checks, and put donations in the hat at the 150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania commemorations. Because of your generosity, more hallowed ground will be preserved for future generations and properly memorialized for its importance in American history. I believe that our academic research, educational volunteer services at the park, and raising of preservation funds is the most honorable way to pay homage to those who sacrificed, especially during the sesquicentennial.

YOU have made a difference. Thank you for your generosity.

- Paul
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: BIG donation to four battlefields

This is outstanding, thank you for sharing this Dusty! Everyone should be proud of themselves for all of their efforts.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: BIG donation to four battlefields

Just wanted to give credit to the members of the Liberty Rifles, Clinton Guard, Independent Volunteer Rifles, Hedgesville Blues, and other friends who contributed to this fundraiser while participating in the 150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania NPS Commemorations. Hats off to all those who chipped in!

I encourage everyone to donate to The Civil War Trust, particularly this campaign which has a very high matching grant of 10:1 http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields...lefields-2014/
      Paul Boccadoro
      Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
      X