Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to Arms! 17th New York Veteran Volunteer Flag preservation campaign

Hello All:
    The 17th New York Veteran Volunteer Infantry/Palmetto Sharpshooters reenactment unit located in North and South Carolina and Georgia has just put up a go fund me campaign to preserve their colors. As many may or may not know New York State has defunded the program that preserved their Civil War flags. With $5500 the flag can be preserved and stabilized and join so many other flags Union and Confederate that have been preserved already. For more information check out the go fund me page at https://www.gofundme.com/save-our-flag-17th-ny-veterans and please help.
    Sincerely
    Michael Zatarga
    9th New York Infantry

"If not you then who, if not now then when."- WW1 British recruitment poster.

Re: 17th New York Veteran Volunteer Flag preservation campaign

Thanks for posting Michael. We have blasted this post out to our 12,100 followers on Facebook to spread the word!
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

Re: 17th New York Veteran Volunteer Flag preservation campaign

I am in! The father of Philip Schick, a farmer who built his house out here in Idaho in 1864, was in the 17th New York. Young Philip decided to follow his fortune around South America to San Francisco instead of his dad into the ranks. His farm is perhaps the best preserved 1860-70's farmhouse west of the Mississippi, and I have the honor to serve as docent and living history coordinator. We sure could use a photo of the flag once its preserved for our Schick family image board.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
      X