Cedar Creek registration fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Creek registration fee

Pards, I had a meeting with Suzanne from Cedar Creek last week. She has brought to my attention that she has recieved several nasty e-mails concerning an increase in the registration fees. We have to keep in mind that the money goes to pay off a huge debt. Right now the bank is breathing down their necks for a total sum of $317,000. I challenge anyone who is attending to not only pay your registration fee, give them a check for a least $100 for the Cedar Creek foundation. If you hear any complaints, remind them what's at stake! Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR) :angry_smi

Re: Cedar Creek registration fee

I spoke to Suzanne last week and she said sutlers were complaining as well. They did raise the fees for sutlers this year because it's the 'big' anniversary, but said they'd drop down to normal next year again.

This event has an all volunteer staff. This foundation has served the hobby faithfully for years. This event will offer the participants more than in years past. The foundation is working hard to protect and save YOUR history. Everytime I see that industrial park right across the street from the battlefield I realize the foundation (with the help of the hobby) stopped that park from crossing the street, it makes me smile.

I challenge anyone who is attending to not only pay your registration fee, give them a check for a least $100 for the Cedar Creek foundation.
    And I challenge anyone who ISN'T going to the event to send in $20.00!
    Last edited by CJDaley; 08-03-2004, 12:50 PM.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I like most others here object to paying any fees to participate in any event. However, I will preface that by saying. That to me it isn't objectionable to pay fees if they are then used for preservation. as an aside .In most cases I have no desire to "burn" powder and reenact .Unless something drastic happens I won't be seen on many a reenactment site "under arms." With that in mind. I applaud Chris' earlier post. Whether any of us are going to Cedar Creek for the event. I challange all, individually, of us to put $20.00(at least) in an envelope and send that envelope to either the CCBF or to Dusty .
      Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Bully to Chris and Barry! I have to pass that awful industrial park every week, not to mention the sub-division that is creeping up from Strausburg. :angry_smi The money raised this year will have such an impact to the battlefield. The challenge has been issued to everyone! Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

Working...
        X