Preservation marches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservation marches

Could anyone please tell me of a website that has a big list of preservation marches? Also if there are no websites, could someone tell me of any marches around the west virginia area?

Thank you

Hampton Cokeley

Private for life

Unattached
    The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Preservation marches

I would suggest you put together a march! Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

I seriously thought about that and I think it would be great but I dont know how to go about it as in feeding and organizing participants. My mom went to rich mountain( im from wv) and all she saw was a marker. I would love to help preserve the WV battlefields as well as the Richmond battlefields that I feel need serious help.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most greatful,

Hampton Cokeley

Private for life

Unattached
      The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hampton, Having put on preservation marches, you need to have an agenda for what you want to preserve! I would suggest doing some research on the land in question and find out who owns the land. What happened on the land? Have you contacted the CWPT for any information on this land? If your not a member of the CWPT,then join! You will need permits and notify the local authorities. They might get some calls from residents if they see 50 guys looking as if the stepped out of the history books. Then you have to raise money for the march and figure out where the money will go to preserve the land. To sum it up, do some research. Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

Working...
        X