Clean up at Cedar Creek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean up at Cedar Creek!

Pards, I just got an e-mail from Cedar Creek about another clean up day. This is going to clear brush from Belle Grove Plantation to road. This clean up will restore the area to it's natural apperance. It is scheduled for Saturday, August 28th @ 8am. We will meet at the visitor center! There are many ways to help preservation and this is one way. If you want to help that would be a great help to CCBF. Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR) :D

Re: Clean up at Cedar Creek!

I encourage anyone in the area with some free time to go help out the CC folks. Theirs is a model that all events can follow with regard to preservation. I, unfortunately, will be on my way to Duck, NC for some R&R that day.

I'll think of you...............:wink_smil
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Howdy ,
      Unfortuneately I cant participate in this clean up, I live in Arizona. But in the near future I am going to be moving to PA . After I move I would like to be able to help.Do other battlefields usually hold clean up days such as Cedar Creek does? If I remember correctly, Cedar Creek is only a few hours from the Hanover, PA area.It would be a great way to spend a weekend. I get the impression from the post that this goes on at Cedar Creek from time to time, I am curious if other battlefields do the same thing? When I move it is my sincerest desire to help out in anyway that I can.
      Sincerely, John Rogers

Originally posted by Skeet
      Pards, I just got an e-mail from Cedar Creek about another clean up day. This is going to clear brush from Belle Grove Plantation to road. This clean up will restore the area to it's natural apperance. It is scheduled for Saturday, August 28th @ 8am. We will meet at the visitor center! There are many ways to help preservation and this is one way. If you want to help that would be a great help to CCBF. Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR) :D

Comment

John,

The CWPT has an annual Park Day where participating parks can be volunteered at. See their website for details. www.civilwar.org
        Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

John, There are clean up days also at New Market. There is a lot of work to be done to maintain these battlefields. Dusty, Have a good trip! I'll be thinking of how not to get posion ivy! Cpl dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

Poison Ivy???? Ugh,,Im going to have to learn what that stuff looks like, that doesnt grow out here, come to think of it, not much grows here hahaha.All you gotta do is watch out for cactus .Well I guess I will learn soon enough what poison ivy looks like I just hope I dont learn the hard way :) Time to go to the library and get a book on poison ivy.
            Thank You for the information on the clean up days and where to find out about them , I really appreciate it a lot .
            Respectfully, John Rogers

Comment

John, If you campaign here in the valley, you'll find out real quick what posion ivy looks like! There is a whole mess of it @ CC! I'm thinking of a cluster bomb! Bully! Cpl Dan Moran 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

Working...
              X