ACPP is three months old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACPP is three months old!

The Authentic Campaigner Preservation Project will be 3 months old on Monday, August 23rd. To date, we have raised over $2,000!

Thank you to all who have contributed money.

Thank you to all who have contributed time and labor to producing goods for incentive awards for donors.

Thank you to Paul for allowing me to use the forum to help bring preservation to the forefront of CW reenacting.

Recent articles concerning future land acquisition possibilities only highlight the need to give to these regional preservation organizations so that they are in a position to acquire land as it becomes available.

I know that not everyone is able to contribute money to the ACPP, but I have had a fair number of people state, either in private or public, that they wanted to help financially. This is a reminder to those folks who have "pledged" support in the past to pony up and add to the work so many others have started.

We have four months left in this year. Money will be going to other places come mid November, so that gives us approximately 10 weeks to reach a goal of $4,000 by year end.

Part of the Mullins farm may become available for purchase at Chancellorsville, the city of Franklin is looking to purchase the spot where General Cleburne died and the STFB group will need to raise $250,000 to purchase the country club from the Hellers. YOUR MONEY WILL HELP THESE THINGS HAPPEN!!!

West trails East by a large margin in giving to the ACPP. Let's try to even things out a bit before the end of the year. For those selling gear on the forums, add $5 to the price and give it to the ACPP!

I think our goal is attainable. I hope you can help. Thanks
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: ACPP is three months old!

Dusty,
    Thats terriffic news, its good to hear the news that all is not lost in Chancellorsville, it always seems like the developers are one step ahead. I sure hope that this all works out right in favor of preservation, not just in Chancellorsville but everywhere.This is defineately a step in the right direction! Good work everyone,my hats off to each and every one of You!
    Sincerely, John Rogers

Comment

Selfish bump
      Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

Comment

Dusty,

There's not a selfish bone in you. You continually set high standards for preservation and keep it on the front page.

Please look for a donation from Daniel Foster in your PayPal account. Although he deserves a law enforcement discount, he chose to send you the full amount for the sleeping cap.

Thanks again for all you're doing.

Comment

Kathy, I receive the payment from Dan last night. I sent him a thank you note. Thanks for your help in raising money and awareness. Looks like the orders will be keeping you busy for a while:wink_smil
          Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Comment

Working...
          X