I need some help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help..

I am currently working on securing funds for 2, possibly 3, historical markers to be placed near the remains of CW earthworks in Bell County, Kentucky. One location is the site of Camp Buckner. This was an early war CS camp in which the Confederate Army launched its operations into Knox, Laurel, and Clay counties including the first battle of KY (Barbourville) and Battle of Wildcat Mtn. This site is on State Park land and they have been notified. The second site is on private land and the earthworks are clearly visible. The land is owned by a private college. I need to raise about $4000. I have thought about a golf scammble (using the golf course which presently stands upon Camp Buckner), living histories, and a preservation march. I have talked with nearby Cumberland Gap park and they would like to see some type of living history/march there. I am open to suggestions on raising this money.
    thanks,
    ew taylor
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Re: I need some help..

Yeah Wayne.That sounds real cool.I'd love the idea for a preservation march.I think that all that would b great.Maybe do a raffle of some mondern hunting rifle or something.But e-mail me with all the help you need and I'll see what I can do.
    tenfed1861@yahoo.com
    Cullen Smith
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Is the state park not interested in funding the placing of a marker?

I work for the Missouri state park system and we have a Civil War marker program that has been going for a few years. There is now a renewed interest among our system to get ready for the sesquicentennial of the war and Kentucky might very well be thinking along the same lines with a program marking Kentucky's role in the war? Or, contact your state representative or senator. A few well placed calls by one of them might very well get you a marker.

How about SCV units or Civil War Roundtables in the state that might want to provide some money toward these?

Just some thoughts.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Originally posted by huntdaw
        Is the state park not interested in funding the placing of a marker?

I work for the Missouri state park system and we have a Civil War marker program that has been going for a few years. There is now a renewed interest among our system to get ready for the sesquicentennial of the war and Kentucky might very well be thinking along the same lines with a program marking Kentucky's role in the war? Or, contact your state representative or senator. A few well placed calls by one of them might very well get you a marker.

How about SCV units or Civil War Roundtables in the state that might want to provide some money toward these?

Just some thoughts.
        Thanks for the suggestions. The state park system relies on money from the state gov't or donations. All the above has been contacted and the answer is about the same- " Sorry, we are broke."
        I have a new idea, but would like to get in touch with someone on this forum who have experience in publications, book writing, or copyright laws.
        You can private message me or send me a direct email at:
        rusty94@charter.net
        thanks
        ew taylor Mr. Taylor, When you signed up for the forums you affirmed that you had read all of our rules. Our first rule states that we do not allow unsigned posts. Consider this your second warning, a third will result in a temporary suspension of your account. Justin Runyon, AC Moderator
        Last edited by Justin Runyon; 09-06-2004, 11:18 AM.
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everett Taylor[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X