Fredericksburg Area Students thoughts on downtown Fredericksburg's needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredericksburg Area Students thoughts on downtown Fredericksburg's needs

In response to a question about what they would use $500,000 for in downtown Fredericksburg. I would err on the side of caution in poking any fun at the skate park and actually I'd be kinda excited for all of downtown to be turned into an ice park for a day (if I had the money to waste and ability to shut down the city); but there was a recognition that downtown is historic.

Students sound off on how they would spend half a million dollars on Fredericksburg

Date published: 1/10/2008

"Build a skate park, because there are no public skate parks in Fredericksburg, and there are in the counties." --Jordan Curtis, freshman, James Monroe High School "I would build another homeless shelter, because there are homeless people all over downtown." --Erin Corbitt, senior, James Monroe High School "I would have all the roads iced down so that downtown would be an ice rink, and somehow get all of the ice to stick. That would make downtown really unique." --Rebecca Clemo, junior, James Monroe High School "I would buy Tim's Mart and and turn it into a mixture of a CD and record store downstairs and a cool place where college kids could come go and hang out upstairs. Tim's would be the perfect spot." --Stephen Mohs, senior, James Monroe High School "I would take a place, turn it into a really cool underground music and book shop where there would be poetry readings and you could listen to music. It would just be a place to chill and hang out." --Kelsey Proctor, junior, James Monroe High School "I wouldn't change anything about downtown, I would only improve on it by fixing up some of the older buildings that are falling apart. There's more than just history downtown--there's so much energy." --Michael Brookman, junior, Chancellor High School

Online at:

Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Dabney
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Re: Fredericksburg Area Students thoughts on downtown Fredericksburg's needs

Nah, a brew pub is what we need.

Eric
    Eric J. Mink
    Co. A, 4th Va Inf
    Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Working...
    X