McRae Papers Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRae Papers Fundraiser

To all our friends at Authentic Campaigner who have supported the SC Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum's aquisition of the McRae Archives Collection, I would like to give everyone a brief update regarding the status of the Collection. First, much thanks to Paul Calloway, Thad Gallagher, Charles Heath, Robert Walker, Doug Cooper, Phil Maddox, Derrick Pugh, and Mark Boynton who donated to our museum's McRae Papers Aquisiton Fund this past Fall. As of this date, we are within $9342 of our goal of raising $125,000 in donations (the Museum provided the other $125,000 out of its budget), half the purchase price of the McRae Collection at $250,000. We have one outstanding committment of $5000 from a local bank, and if that comes through, we would be $4342 from our goal set in November 2007! So far this fiscal year, which began in $July 2008 and ends with June 2009, we have raised $5238, a large part of that sum was donated by the dedicated living historians of Authentic Campaigner. I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to you all for your continued support and I hope we can complete this fundraising campaign by June 30, the end of our fiscal year. I'll be posting progress reports this Spring and soon we have exciting news about exhibiting the McRae Papers for the Civil War Sesquicentennial! Thanks again to all of you at Authentic Campaigner!
    Allen Roberson
    Director, South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum

Re: McRae Papers Fundraiser

Allen,
    Let myself or Neill know if y'all need any help from authenticity minded folks here in SC. I live about 8 minutes from downtown Columbia, and would be more than willing to help!
    Bryant Roberts
    Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
    palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Re: McRae Papers Fundraiser

Mr. Robertson,

The Palmetto Battalion usually donates $2,000 to $4,000 for preservation each year. Last year we donated to the Florence Stockade, SC Relic Room (for flags) and to the Graffiti House at Brandy Station. I will propose to put the McRae Papers at the top of our list for this year.
      Claude Sinclair
      Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Working...
      X