Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Campbell Co. Sword Belt

Folks,

Since the McRae Papers reflect Caleb Huse purchasing literally thousands of these very early, I wanted to share a link to a current Ebay I&C swordbelt for sale. This belt has appeared several times for sale and has never reached the minimum. Most folks agree this is the real deal and I concur based on my examination of several originals. This belt is waxed flesh and utilizes the smaller snake with the flower in the center. The rows of stitching between the keeper and the front ring is actually one solid piece of leather folded over three times. That's a lot of hand-stitching folks. The hanger straps on these belts are one inch in width which is wider than most swordbelts for the period. Wish I had the money! One I&C collector had estimated it's value at around 4K. Anyone got some pocket change? Thanks to Dane Utter for calling my attention to this.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA
    Last edited by Iron Scout; 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM.

Re: Isaac Campbell Co. Sword Belt

Neill,

For what it's worth, many of the images of Massachusetts troops with snake buckles have the same rose or rosette present as well. I'm not saying this is a Mass belt, just that they had similar buckles.

I saw this listing a couple of days ago and had meant to alert you to it. I'm glad that some on else did, however.

Respects,
    Tim Kindred
    Medical Mess
    Solar Star Lodge #14
    Bath, Maine

Comment

Re: Isaac Campbell Co. Sword Belt

Since pictures on eBay don't normally last more then a few weeks after the auction ends, I am going to attach the photos here, so they can be viewed for years to come.
      Attached Files
      Dane Utter
      Washington Guard

Comment

Working...
      X