Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AC & Social Media - Now & Moving Forward

Greetings!

As you have seen over the last three years, the AC is very active on social media. Because of this medium, we have been able to spread the word of authenticity further than we ever have before. We now have a presence on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. Between these platforms, we have 14,361 followers and growing. We will continue to follow this trend moving forward as it provides the most direct opportunity to communicate what we all do.

If you have not visited each of our social media pages, here are the URL addresses:

AC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheAuthenticCampaigner - We recently surpassed 12,000 followers on Facebook. Thank You for your support.

AC on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGWwz7H_1wHZvKF0hGmZJ8A - Our newest venture. We have already published event announcements, interviews and Approved Vendor ads. We will be actively working on more in this medium. Stay tuned.

AC on Twitter - https://twitter.com/ACampaigner - We have over 1,200 followers on Twitter and have published over 1,500 tweets.

AC on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/authenticcampaigner/ - Images are such a great medium to really show people what we do. In today's world, the internet is more visual than it has ever been before and a simple photo displaying a great impression goes a long way.

SOCIAL MEDIA MISSION: Our main goal with social media is to spread the word of authenticity and bring people here to the web site and forums. This page has literally tens of thousands of posts about research, authenticity, preservation and events. By actively reaching out to people through social media, we hope to grow the Authentic Civil War Living History Hobby for this generation and for years to come.

SEEKING SOCIAL MEDIA STAFF: Now that we are entrenched in social media, we would like to add a member (or members) to the staff who are passionate about the authentic hobby and adept at social media. We want to accelerate our efforts while maintaining the focus on improving and growing our base here at The Authentic Campaigner. We are looking for someone who is very active in both the hobby and on social media. We are seeking a person or persons who understand what we are trying to do and want to use their skills to help us accomplish our goals. If you are interested in joining our team, specifically as a social media administrator, please contact me at etinohio@msn.com. Serious applicants only. This is a volunteer position. If you have the time and ability and really want to do this, just let me know.

Thanks and we look forward to continuing our mission to spread the word of authenticity and grow our hobby.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 07-15-2017, 10:22 AM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: The AC & Social Media - Now & Moving Forward

I get most of my info via FB, and now YouTube....
    Aka
    Wm Green :D
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Tipton View Post
      Our main goal with social media is to spread the word of authenticity and bring people here to the web site and forums.
      I applaud the efforts described above, but as one who is no longer on Facebook (I know I'm in the minority here), I am especially glad to hear that the website will remain as the focus of the AC. I wish other groups and event planners would follow the same model.
      John Trotta

Comment

Originally posted by jtrotta View Post
        I applaud the efforts described above, but as one who is no longer on Facebook (I know I'm in the minority here), I am especially glad to hear that the website will remain as the focus of the AC. I wish other groups and event planners would follow the same model.
        John, exactly. We are doing our best to maintain the hub. Social media is a blessing and a curse. It is great for communication, but it also fragments it. The goal in everything we do is to strengthen the hub here.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
        X