The AC Will Have a New Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AC Will Have a New Owner!

Last March, I announced my retirement from the hobby. Last week, I sold every stitch of my kit. Today is my 52nd Birthday and the day my Son, Alex starts high school. It is on this occasion, that I am proud to announce that on January 1, 2023, Gavin Thomas will be the new owner of the Authentic Campaigner. Gavin is currently leading the Liberty Guards, out of Florida, and brings with him the infrastructure to run our home base at the forums, Facebook, and various other social media outlets owned by the AC. We worked closely with the Liberty Guards in 2019 for the Missionary Ridge Event where they provided the command and research for the 4th Florida. They are recruiting people, organizing authentic events and are an up-and-coming organization. Gavin and I have spoken at length and the Liberty Guards have the leadership, manpower and talent to take on this task. I am confident that Gavin and his crew will uphold the standards and traditions of the AC.

If you are not familiar with the Liberty Guards, here is a brief bio: "The Liberty Guards was formed in September of 2010 with the purpose of accurately portraying the common soldier during the American Civil War. Through historical research, we strive to constantly improve our impressions, and further the education of ourselves and others about this pivotal conflict in our nation's history. We are a progressive/campaigner unit with members throughout Florida and Georgia."

We will work dilligently with the LG to make the transition as seamless as possible and Gavin and I will be working closely together over the next four months to assure continuity in leadership. I want to thank two of my best friends, Jason Brown and John Wickett for running the operations of the AC over the last year as I have been phasing myself out. They have put in a lot of work and will be integral to a smooth transition.

It has truly been an honor and a privilege. THANK YOU to everyone who has supported the AC since it was founded in 1999. It is because of you that we want to keep the core of the authentic hobby alive and with a new generation leading the charge for a long time to come. THANK YOU to our founder, Paul Calloway for allowing me the opportunity to work for and lead this great brand. THANK YOU to all who have supported me in the last twenty years, including my Wife Sasha and Son, Alex. THANKS to my boys in Mess No. 1, the AC Staff and all of you cool people I have met from all over the world through this hobby. It's time for a change. Time for some of the younger guys to step-up. Congratulations to Gavin and The Liberty Guards. I am confident that you will lead the AC into the next generation.

Last edited by Eric Tipton; 08-17-2022, 09:48 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

I am overwhelmed with gratitude to be the new owner of the Authentic Campaigner. It’s an honor to gain such a position, especially at such a pivotal point in the hobby. Many hours went into this decision and it means a lot to me that each of you are still so passionate about what we do.

I will continue efforts to promote The Authentic Campaigner, authentic events, and the host of groups that make it their responsibility to preserve our battlefield’s, parks, museums, and history. I have a lot of plans and new ideas that I will be bringing to the table over the coming months, and I am extremely excited for what we can accomplish together. I look forward to working with each of you for many years to come. Again I am extremely humbled and excited for what the future holds!
    Gavin Thomas
    Liberty Guards Mess

Comment

Eric,

You have done a great job, and it was a honor to work with you!

Gavin,

As the person I handed the torch of leadership to, I am so proud to see what we have done as a unit!

Walter Cook
      Liberty Guards Mess
      Last edited by FlaCpl.; 08-17-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Back at ya Walter! Missionary Ridge was a great experience with you boys. Keep up the fire!
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
        X