Rest in Peace Bill King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rest in Peace Bill King

Wow. I can't begin to describe how sorry I am to hear this news. I only had a chance to serve along side Bill at one event (AHT), but was very glad to have had that opportunity. From that single weekend I came away with a great fondness and respect for the man! My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
    Dave Gink
    2nd US Cavalry
    West Bend, WI

Comment

Hi All,

Final details are being ironed out, but I wanted to let folks know that we will be holding a service for Bill in Gettysburg on Sunday, November 23rd, at 11 AM. When all the particulars are ironed out, I will post that info as well.

In the mean time, a fund has been established for Patty (Bill's wife) and donations can be made via Paypal to sgttodd@mainecav.org

If any of you wish to send card's or notes, Patty's address is:
      Patty King
      1460 Fairfield Road
      Gettysburg PA 17325

Take care,
      Tom Craig
      Tom Craig

Comment

Bill King was a great guy and it was an honor to ride with him! He will truly be missed!

I encourage everyone to log onto the 1rst Maine's website and donate a few dollars to help out Bill's wife and family!

"duck Bill"

Nick Duvall
        Duvall Leatherwork
        314 Wyoming Ave
        Kingston, PA 18704
        (570)283-9297
        duvall_leatherwork@hotmail.com
        Duvall Leather is an artisan based company specializing in handmade leather goods for everyday use. For over 12 years, right here in Northeastern PA...
        Nick Duvall

Comment

I never had the privilege of knowing Bill, but my deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.

I remember it was only a week ago when some pards and I were leading the advance guard and turned around a sharp bend to see Federal cavalry watering their horses in a creek. We all remarked on how great a scene it was to stumble upon, and gave us a "period rush." It was then that we were approached by Jerry Todd who passed along the sad news to us and I then noted a very somber group of fellows.

My hat is off to our departed comrade and my thoughts with those he was close to.
          Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

If anyone has any photos of Bill or would like to share a memory/story for the memory book we are putting together, please, please, post it or send it along to me by the end of this week. We would like to get the book ordered in time for the Memorial Service on Remembrance Day weekend, so time is short.

Thank you so very much!

Jessica Craig
            Jessica Craig
            Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society (AGSAS)

Comment

Memorial Serivce Details

Hello All,

Below are the details for the memorial service for Bill King

Date: Sunday, November 23rd

Time: 11AM

369 E. Middle Street
              Gettysburg, PA 17325

All who knew Bill or wish to pay their respects are welcome to attend. This is a modern service, but those in period dress are welcome. There will be no funeral at this point, but all are welcome to enjoy food, and drink immediately after the service at the VFW post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me: tom.craig@ymail.com

Take care,
              Tom Craig
              1st Maine Cavalry
              Tom Craig

Comment

Working...
              X