Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In memory of Cameron Owen of the 32nd Ms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In memory of Cameron Owen of the 32nd Ms.

Cameron Owen of the 32nd Mississippi Infantry died sometime Sunday the 10th of January at his home in Pearl, Ms. It appears that he may have taken his own life. Cameron was a veteran and had served a tour in Iraq. He was a great addition to the ranks and fun to be around the campfire with. Keep his family in your prayers. Funeral arraignments as I understand will begin with a fellowship at 10:00 AM at the Bovina Baptist church of Vicksburg and a viewing and funeral to begin at 12:00 PM on Wednesday the 14th of January.

God grant him rest.
    Dennis Neal
    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Re: In memory of Cameron Owen of the 32nd Ms.

I have known Cameron since he was about thirteen, we used to tease him because he was so quiet, it is hard to see the boys that you have watched grow up leave us, Please keep his family in your prayers, God bless you Cameron, may you have peace.

Diane Gipson
    DianeGipson
    1st MS Partisan Rangers

Comment

Thank you brother Neal for posting this. It pains me to see a young man fade from us in that manner, but especially when a fellow VET slides through the system. I remember wishing this young man an uneventful tour as well as a welcome home, my prayers go out to his family. God Bless.
      -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
      "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
      "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
      "The Bully Boys"
      "The Hard Case Boys"
      "The Independant Mess"
      29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
      3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Cam served on the Vicksburg NMP cannon crew for a number of years, he will be missed.

One of our favorite things to do to him was to tease him about the authenticity of his kit. You could talk about his mother, his heritage, or anything else, but even hinting that he was inauthentic irritated him to no end. We used to put strangers up to questioning his kit and watch him boil.
        [FONT="Times New Roman"]David Slay, Ph.D[/FONT]
        [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ranger, Vicksburg National Military Park[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

All, it's been brought to my attention that Cameron's death WAS NOT of his own doing. I don't think it'd be proper for me to share the information given to me by his Father pertaining to his death here on a public forum, but I can say without a doubt that after having talked to him that Cameron's death wasn't of his own intention. I'm very sorry that my opening post alluded to his death as possibly being self inflicted.

While the loss of Cameron creates a void that'll never be filled, there's some peace to be had knowing what really happened wasn't what was first thought. Please continue to keep the Owen family in your thoughts and prayers. He's sorely missed by his family, his friends, and his brother reenactors.
          Dennis Neal
          "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
          David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
          Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
          [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
          J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

Working...
          X