Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Crabb (July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Crabb (July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009)

It breaks my heart to announce that John died last night. His year long battle with cancer is at last over. He slipped away peacefully while I held him in my arms. He is the bravest man I have ever known and met this horrific disease head on and joking all the while.

Tomorrow is our 16th wedding anniversary and I will spend the day remembering all the wonderful days we had together.

There will be visiting hours for John on Friday from 5-7 and Saturday from 4-5 with the service following at 5. Afterwords we will have a celebration of John's life, with food & drink, sharing fond stories and photos. Everyone is welcome.

Underwood Funeral Home
    703 E. 5th Street
    Marysville, OH

We thank everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

Sincerely,
    Beth Crabb
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B][SIZE="4"][I]Beth Crabb[/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[SIZE="4"]Ezra Barnhouse Goods[/SIZE]

[url]www.ezrabarnhousegoods.com[/url]

Re: John Crabb (July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009)

Beth,
    Both you and John have always been highly thought of by Liz's family, as well as myself. I really feel blessed for knowing Brother John. He and my Father actually had "twin" aprons from Brother Craddock. I'll always think of him at Duffield, and when you two told Evan Zimmerman and I to eat as much stuff Sunday at Perryville 2005 so it didn't go to waste. What happened after that is often referred to as my "Cool Hand Luke" moment, because I ate about a dozen pickled eggs! Man, that car ride back was interesting!

That's one story out of a million no doubt! John was a great man, and I'll miss him.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

I talked to John a few times over the years and he always had time for anyone.
      My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
      Nathan Hellwig
      AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
      "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

On this day, I am thankful for meeting John a handful of times. He was always very helpful and greeted everyone with a smile! I am sad to see such a asset to the civil war reenacting world pass to the field in the sky. I know he is in a better place and sharing all the great stories and jokes with the fellows who have gone before him. He will be missed by all!
        Mitchell L Critel
        Wide Awake Groupie
        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Beth,

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. John was a friend and comrade and he will be missed by so many people. He contributed so much to our hobby and it was a honor to have known him and have considered him a friend.

With Deepest Regards,
          Jim Butler
          Jim Butler

Comment

Beth,

From our Fraternal Rites, these words speak for more than I am capable of.

Our Brother has been raised in that blissful Lodge which no time can close, but which will remain open during the boundless ages of eternity. In that Heavenly Sanctuary, the Mystic Light, unmingled with darkness, will reign unbroken and perpetual. There, under the protection of the All-Seeing Eye, amid the smiles of Immutable Love, in that house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens, — there, my brethren, may Almighty God in His infinite mercy, grant that we may meet again, to part no more.

We extend to the bereaved relatives and friends of our departed Brother our sincere sympathy in this hour of sorrow, and we pray that "He who tempers the wind to the shorn Lamb" will give them His divine comfort and consolation, and that they may come to realize that the spirit of our Brother is happy in his Father's house, where "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and where there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former things are passed away."
            Last edited by BrianHicks; 11-26-2009, 01:44 PM.
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Mrs. Beth,
              Carrie and I are so very sorry for your lose but, on this day of thanksiving, we count among the many things we are greatful for is the presence of you and John in our lives. We are better people because of the your friendship. Many, many peole in this hobby will echo that same belief.

We join in your grieving but also wish to celebrate the life of a good man, a great friend and a dear Brother.

If there is EVER anything that the Craddocks can do for you all you have to do is ask.

With all our love,

Patrick & Carrie Craddock
              PATRICK CRADDOCK
              Prometheus No. 851
              Franklin, Tennessee
              Widows' Sons Mess
              www.craftsmansapron.com

Aut Bibat Aut Abeat

Can't fix stupid... Johnny Lloyd

Comment

I'm deeply saddened by this news! You and John will both be in my prayers. God bless you both.
                Andrew Gale

21st Arkansas Vol. Inf. Co. H
                Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
                Affiliated Conscripts Mess

Cpl. George Washington Pennington, 171st Penn. Co. K
                Mustered into service: Aug. 27, 1862
                Captured: Spottsylvania Court House, Virginia, May 12, 1864
                Died: Andersonville Prison, Georgia, Sept. 13, 1864
                sigpic

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss Beth. I am sorry for all of our loss. John was a truly kind and good man.

you are all in my prayers..

God Bless,
                  Patrick McAllister
                  Saddlebum

"Bíonn grásta Dé idir an diallait agus an talamh

Comment

I can not say more than the post of Brother Hicks, except our prayers are with you.
                    /G\

Comment

Oh, Beth, I am so sorry to hear of John's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family tonight.
                      [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
                      [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Beth,
                        It truly breaks my hear to hear of John's passing. May you have some consolation knowing he is in a better place. You set the standard for all sutlers. Not to mention the standard for wonderful people. John will be missed and remembered fondly.
                        Tom Dodson
                        Tom Dodson

Comment

From across the pond rest in peace my Brother.
                          Im sorry to here of your loss Beth
                          Iwill treasure all you both sent me .

God Bless

bill brown

Widows Sons Mess
                          1712 LODGE FRIENDSHIP.
                          EDINBURGH. SCOTLAND
                          WILLIAM BROWN

Comment

John was a such terrific man. I'll always miss his kindness and humor.

I had some great laughs with John over the years - shared many a flask filled with some mystery drink. He was the consumate gentlemen and generous to a fault.

I'm so sorry Beth. I'll pray for strength for you and your family.
                            Paul Calloway
                            Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
                            Proud Member of the GHTI
                            Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
                            Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

I am saddened to hear of his loss. I had the opportunity to joke around with John at Perryville last month and for a man who was going through a lot, he was still the same John, telling stories, cracking jokes, picking on me and having a good time with his family and friends. I am thankful that I was able to know him and consider him a friend. Though he will be missed, he will always be with us, all of us at heart at events, especially at the parking lots and the campfires!!!
                              Micah Trent
                              Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
                              Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Working...
                              X