Rest in Peace: Paris R. Aiken III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace: Paris R. Aiken III

Our dear friend Paris Aiken went to the Lord early Christmas Eve morning. He was 63 years young.

Paris was a long time Civil War reenactor and has been in several units including the 53rd Virginia Infantry, and the Petersburg City Guard of the Independent Volunteer Rifles. Most recently he was a drummer with the Liberty Hall Fife and Drum Corps.

Many of us have spent time with Paris by the camp fire and on the march. He will be sorely missed.

There is a Face Book Memorium Page at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paris-...0195161?ref=mf

Funeral Details: Family visitation Sunday Dec 27, 2-3pm, R. Haden Smith Funeral Home, 245 South Armistead Ave, Hampton, VA. Graveside Funeral: Monday Dec 28, 1pm Parklawn Memorial Cemetery, 2551 North Armistead Ave. Hampton, Va.

He will be laid to rest in his favorite grey jean cloth uniform.

God Bless You Paris.

Tom Apple
    Last edited by ; 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM.

Re: Rest in Peace: Paris R. Aiken III

Even a feast day, people go, your friend rest in peace...
    Rest in Peace and god bless you Paris.
    William Miconnet
    French Mess
    AES
    BGR & IPW Survivor
    Never ever give up!
    In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
    I believe!

Comment

For the friends and family of Mr. Aiken, please accept our condolences for your loss.
      Sir, our prayers will be for steady strength and heart peace for you and your friends loved ones.
      Mel and Marie Hadden
      Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
      Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
      Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
      www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Tom:

I am so sorry to hear the news of Paris's passing. I know Paris was a dear friend and business partner to you. I understand he was a superb craftsman and fine musician. I sure enjoyed his warm hospitality when you two shared your tent with me and taught me to wield a pike.

Andy Conlon
        "The Rest"
        Andy Conlon

Comment

Tom,

Paris will be most definitely missed! Paris was a great messmate, file partner and outstanding drummer. I have fond memories of you and Paris setting us up with warm sleeping quarters in the midst of a snow storm in the lower valley. My prayers will be with his family.

Sincerely,

Brian McPeters
          Petersburg City Guard/Princess Anne Grays
          Brian McPeters

Comment

I regret never meeting Mr. Aiken. But as a field musician for 37 years, I personally regret the loss of any of my brothers; those who keep alive the fine art that was mid-nineteenth century fifing and drumming. Whenever anyone, as highly lauded as Paris has been, passes from this world to the next, we all feel a loss.

I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Jim Moffet
            First Minnesota Volunteers
            Western Brigade

Comment

Paris old friend,

We will meet, and we will miss you. I pray that your family finds peace and grace during this terrible time. I pray that I get to see you again one day.

Greg Starbuck
              The brave respect the brave. The brave
              Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
              That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
              And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Comment

Paris,
                Comrade, Messmate, and damn good comrade, all these names fit Paris to t "T". All who knew him, and those who only knew of him held him in the highest regard, as did I. From a member of the 53rd Va co. K, and the Petersburg City Guards I am very proud to have called Paris comrade and Messmate, and will miss him something sore. Brother, we WILL meet again.......
                To Paris, Rest In Peace and we will catch up to you presently!
                Amen.......

Comment

Paris will be missed. My sympathies to his family and reenacting friends, especially those in the IVR and Liberty Hall F & D.....Jerry Stiles

Comment

Working...
                  X