Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Scully

Friends,
    I am sad to have to pass along the news that Mr. Bud Scully has passed away. Bud was a friend and a mentor to me and to many others. He was a Civil War reenactor going back to the 1960s but always strove to improve his impression, which was second to none in the time that I knew Bud. And yet I never heard Bud criticize another man's impression, but he was always quick with advice if it was asked for. More importantly, though, than any gear that he might have worn, Bud was a great man. I consider myself fortunate for having known him and only regret that I didn't know him for a longer time. Rest in peace, my friend.
    - Joe Bordonaro
    Attached Files
    Joe Bordonaro

Re: Bud Scully

So long, Irish.
    S.Sullivan

Comment

Bud, You will be truly missed. You always shared a kind word with me and encouraged me. Thank you. My only regret is that I never actually had the pleasure to be in your immediate company, but I am a better man for getting to know you. This hobby lost another great one. :( Bud had the first part of this quote from Saint Robert Southwell as his facebook status that he last updated Sat night.

"Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live;... Not where I love, but where I am, I die. "- Robert Southwell
      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

God Speed, Bud was one heck of a nice guy, I am glad to say that I knew him,only wish that I had known him longer. My prayers and sympathies go out to his family.
        -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
        "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
        "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
        "The Bully Boys"
        "The Hard Case Boys"
        "The Independant Mess"
        29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
        3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Re: Bud Scully Memorial Information

Friends,
          Here is memorial information for Mr. Bud Scully:

Visitation will be on Monday, 2pm - 4pm and 7pm - 9pm, at Buckley Funeral Home, 509 Second Ave., Asbury Park, NJ.

Funeral Mass will be on Tuesday at 10am, St. Jerome's RC Church, 254 Wall St., West Long Branch, NJ

The home address is:
          Christine Scully
          125 Pierce Dr.
          Ocean, NJ 07712-2843

- Joe Bordonaro
          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Sorry for your loss Joe. Bud was a really nice guy, he always had a smile on his face when I ran into him at events. He was a true asset to the hobby and I'm sure the lessons he taught newer hobbyists will be carried forward.
            [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Chris,
              Thank you for your message. It was very much appreciated.
              - Joe
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Rest in Peace, Mr. Scully; I'll see you on the other side!
                Tom Burke
                http://www.njcivilwar.com

Comment

Working...
                X