Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Stone

Friends,

This morning our comrade Art Stone passed away at his home in New Jersey from an apparent heart attack. Please keep his wife Denise and his family in your prayers. As information is forthcoming, it will be posted.

Bill
    William R. Fabus

Re: Art Stone

What a shock! At Manassas, Art was an unstoppable force. He will be sorely missed.
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Art got me, and the rest of the 11th PA Res through the rain of MMM and kept our spirits up. I saw him a few weeks ago at Remembrance Day and he was as great as ever. He will be sorely missed.
      Jim Taub
      The Western Rifles

Comment

"... With alacrity gentlemen!"

Goodbye old friend.

-Johnny
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Art was a true gentleman and a fine reenactor. He never had a bad word to say about anyone. Besides having one of the finest impressions in the hobby he was happy to share his knowledge and help anyone improve their impression. He will be sorely missed.

Very few people know that Art worked for Asplundh as a tree trimmer, mainly working around live utility lines. He was inundated with work during the past month after Hurricane Sandy.

God Bless Art Stone, he was one of the best of the best in the hobby.
          Ken Coanshock

The only "Rank is "Reenactor", everything else is an impression."

Comment

I only worked with Art once but it was an extremely pleasant experience. I liked the world better with him in it. Fine reenactor, finer man. God bless him and his family. May peace that passes understanding rest upon them all.
            Jason Hamby

In memory of Thomas Jefferson Humberson, private, Waul's Texas Legion

Life is hard, even harder when you're stupid

"Don't give the pr&ck the satisfaction"

Comment

In lieu of flowers, Denise Lambert Stone has asked that contributions be made in Art's name to the New Jersey Civil War Heritage Assn. Over the years, Art donated many hours of his precious time off to help insure that our events & programs were authentically represented! The web site is: www.njcivilwar150.org, facebook: Nj Civil War. The PayPal address for donations is njcivilwar@aol.com or P.O. Box 442, Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075
              William R. Fabus

Comment

Arts' obit as published in the Asbury Park Press...

Arrangements...

2:00-6:00pm on Saturday, December 15th at Posten's Funeral Home, 59 E. Lincoln Ave, Atlantic Highlands, NJ.
                Please feel free to attend in uniform as Art will wearing his 13th NJ uniform!
                Ken Coanshock

Comment

A glass plate photo of Art. I forget which event. He called this the "Mad Marylander".

God Bless him!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Art Stone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	223617
                  Ken Coanshock

Comment

I love this line...
                    ...and was universally respected and admired for his devotion to the art and science of reenacting...
                    This hobby is equal parts art and science and I like that description... I think it is part of the reason that people get hooked on it and stay (in many cases) for a lifetime.

I only met Art in-person once, and that was at Manassas. He seemed to be equal parts drill instructor, coach, and philosopher. His example is something to aspire to.
                    John Wickett
                    Former Carpetbagger
                    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Art Stone was trully a great man. I was honored to work with him at several events. He will be greatly missed.
                      Patrick C. Salland PhD

69th New York Co. A
                      The Washington Guards

"Men are only children of an older growth" John D. Billings

Comment

Working...
                      X