Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace: Steve Boulton (19?? - 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace: Steve Boulton (19?? - 2007)

Dear All,

It is my sad duty to inform you of the untimely death at 49 of Steve Boulton (Footslogger on here.)

Steve has been a tireless Campaigner here in Europe for better standards of Civil War Living History.

He was at BGR this year with the Lazy Jacks, and I know he has many good friends on your side of the pond.

His wife Donna and daughter Sarah were both with him - the family were at a Civilian event in Kent.
    Chris O'Brien

Scalawag Mess
    Volunteer Company
    [URL="http://www.aesoc.org"]American Eagle Society[/URL]

Re: Footslogger

Our Steve was quite simply one of the best. He is irreplaceable in our ranks, and will be very sadly missed by all who knew him.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Donna and daughter Sarah at this tragic time.
    Jim Smith, Volunteer Co., (UK)

Comment

He will be sadly missed he was a good messmate and a tireless organizer . I know that he will be missed by all the living historians who knew him in the UK and Europe.
      Martyn Goddard
      American Eagle Society
      Mess #4

http://www.aesoc.org/

Comment

With great sadness that I received this news, Steve will be sadly missed for his dedication, enthusiasm, pride and professionalism he showed within the authentic community
        Some people come and go and some touch our hearts, Steve touched ours from the rigors of Banks Retreat to our more relaxed times at camp.
        Steve always had the time to help and assist every one in any way that he could, which he did so, with a calmness and ease at great friend indeed

Our Love and thought go out to his family at this very sad time

Tony Hawkins

Lazy Jacks

Comment

With great sadness that I received this news, Steve will be sadly missed for his dedication, enthusiasm, pride and professionalism he showed within the authentic community
          Some people come and go and some touch our hearts, Steve touched ours from the rigors of Banks Retreat to our more relaxed times at camp.
          Steve always had the time to help and assist every one in any way that he could, which he did so, with a calmness and ease at great friend indeed

Our Love and thoughts go out to his family at this very sad time

Tony Hawkins

Lazy Jacks

Comment

Our Love and thought go out to his family at this very sad time

Tony Hawkins

Lazy Jacks

Comment

Pards,
              Steve will be missed greatly by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.
              He was well respected by the Campaigners in Britian and Europe.
              It is a sad day.

Jason Tailford
              18th Virginia Infantry
              Co G
              Nottoway Grays.
              Temperance Mess.

Comment

His family, the Lazy Jacks, and our larger community have indeed suffered a great loss.

Such a grand face, and one etched in my mind, though not a word passed between us.
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Steve will be missed and what a great loss. I met him the first time in France at an event there, but I knew him before when I sold a kepi to him. I'm just so surprised to see him a month ago, then I hear he passed away so soon after meeting him.
                  Last edited by hardtack1863; 10-30-2007, 11:04 AM.
                  Sean "Chuck-a-luck" Marcum

Comment

Well he remembered you all Miss Terry, we spent, many a time discussing Miss Emilies daughter and all of you at BGR along with ways to improve civilian lives here. He was a, as someone has said, a tireless organiser, and he will be missed by us his mess mates where ever they are.
                    Last edited by jacobite8749; 10-29-2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: typo
                    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]John Hopper[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]Winston Free-State/First Confederate Legion/AoT
                    Member of The Company of Military Historians[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Steve was a good friend of many CW reenactors here in France .
                      We 've seen him for the last time in september at Versailles ...
                      we are sad... sad...sad...

P.Ailliot
                      20th Maine co K
                      chairman CWRT of France

Comment

Re: Rest in Peace: Steve Boulton (19?? - 2007)

I will concur with the sentiment echoed by those in the above posts.

Though I've done a number of events with the boys in the Lazy Jacks, Banks' Grand Retreat was the first time I had met Steve. The night prior to the event Steve spent the evening under the stars with several of us. His tale of "the sodding bear" at Gettysburg a few years back comes to mind. I also remember him being captured on the second day and spending several hours in the Federal ranks. At BGR he served as first sgt for the combined Lazy Jack-Ground Hornet company and did a fine job.

Steve can be seen in the attached image (taken at BGR) on the far left, standing in the rear rank. Keith Jackman, the company commander, is kneeling just in from of him.

Rest in Peace Steve.
                        Attached Files
                        Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Having had the honor to serve along side the Lazy Jacks numerous times and with Steve at BGR, I am deeply saddened by hearing the news of his passing. He was a damn fine man and a tough as nails soldier as are all the Lazy Jacks. He will be missed.
                          Tom Yearby
                          Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

My sincere condolences to his family and the Lazy Jacks and his pards across the pond. I never had the pleasure to meet him, but I know his quality must have been top notch to have had pards like the Lazy Jacks. He and his family will be in my prayers tonight.

Regards,
                            Last edited by Cfarrell; 10-31-2007, 07:04 AM. Reason: can't spell
                            [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
                            [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
                            ETHC
                            [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
                            [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                            X