Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace: Jim Lammers (19?? - 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace: Jim Lammers (19?? - 2008)

It is my sad duty to announce that Jim Lammers,ower of Cedar Creek Supply Depot,passed away today,Feb. 5,from a heart attack.Jim was one of the few men who had a decent set of painted leathers on the market.He was also a good guy who was always a pleasure to chat with,whether it was politics or the latest cell phone.He and Linda,married 42 years,were some of the nicest people I have met in the hobby.Please keep his family,especially Linda,in your prayers.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Re: Jim Lammers

Sorry to hear, he was a really nice fella.-ELI GEERY
    -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
    "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
    "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
    "The Bully Boys"
    "The Hard Case Boys"
    "The Independant Mess"
    29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
    3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Wow,

Jim was REALLY a nice fellow. He was also the only one I know who reproduced a set of Mann's Patent Infantry Accoutrements. You are right, though, he loved to talk and would always make time for you.

Too many gone, too fast.....
      Tim Kindred
      Medical Mess
      Solar Star Lodge #14
      Bath, Maine

Comment

I have spent countless hours just sitting in Jim's shop watching him and listening to countless stories and learning countless things. Jim was a great man and he will be greatly missed. Please keep his family in your prayers. Jim I'll miss you.

Sean
        Sean Cooper
        [URL="http://www.mossycreekmess.com"]http://www.mossycreekmess.com[/URL]
        SCAR

Comment

I got this news last night and I am really sorry to hear about Jim's passing. He was always one of the nicest guys on sutler row. I was just talking to him last week about about the upcoming Chickamauga event.

Most reenactors are unaware that while we are competitors on sutler row, we also act like a nomadic family. We set up together on Wednesday or Thursday before you get there, and don't leave until Sunday night or Monday after you've left. We do more events together as a 'unit' than most reenactors do. We have most of our meals together either before you are awake, during your battles or after you've gone to bed.

Sulters have thrown birthday parties for my son. We've helped each other in storms when all the tents have gone down. We've shared resources and we've redirected customers to other vendors when we're out of stock on something.

Jim was a good guy and will be greatly missed in our sutler row family.
          [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Wow,

I parrot what Chris said. He was one of the nicest, most helpful people you could have the pleasure of meeting. I was looking forward to "jaw" with him this season. Our prayers go out to his family.

John & Beth
            Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
            John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

It is a sad day to hear about Jim passing. I purchased my first pairs of shoes from him and 6-7 years later still wear them. He was one of the nicest guys and agree loved to talk. But he also remembered a customer.

Our prayers go out to him and his family.
              Thanks
              Daniel MacInnis
              Adair Guards
              Commonwealth Grays
              [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
              [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Jim used to set up at just about every local event here in Michigan, and ever after the move down to Tennessee it was not hard to come across him and his wife two or three times a year. Beautiful people with good hearts.

Jim's work was something to be very proud of. He helped more than a few of us take our first steps toward better kits, especially where leathers were concerned, and he did a great deal to better this hobby.

He will be sorely missed.

Dan
                Dan Wambaugh
                Wambaugh, White, & Company
                www.wwandcompany.com
                517-303-3609
                Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Re: Rest in Peace: Jim Lammers (19?? - 2008)

I'll mirror what Dan has said, but also add that Jim was more than happy to work with me closely on a knapsack project several years ago. He was always friendly and very approachable; I remember when I first met him several years ago we must have talked about accouterments and knapsacks for two hours straight.

I was looking forward to seeing Jim again this year. I'm saddened to hear of this awful news and wish his friends and family well.
                  Brian White
                  [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
                  [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
                  [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

I got the call last night at 9:30 when I was at work. When the phone started ringing at that time of night. You know it cannot be a good call. Jim you are one of the best guys that I know. You always had a smile on your face even in the darkest of times. For the ones of you that did not know Jim you knew his work. His work is at mainsteam to Campaigner events. He made some of the best leather gear and shoes on the market. I knew Jim for the past 8 years and he was like a second father to me. I remember the first time I met Linda and Jim at a small event down here in Tennessee. From that point on they both left a life lasting impression on me. As Sean Cooper said we spent countless nights at Jim's house learning about leather gear and the meaning of just being a good person. I will miss all the times we would go out to eat at the local events. You were so proud of me when I joined the Army and so afraid for me when I went to Iraq. I will never forget last year at Mill Springs. My first event after coming back from over there. When you saw me you hugged me and said "Thank god he sent you back home safe." Well, what I did not know was he would be sending you home a few months later. Jim your shoes can never be filled and I will wear your shoes and leather gear with pride. Jim the one thing you did not teach me was how to move pass this and I will have to learn this one on me own. You will be missed and I am proud to have called you my friend.
                    The service for Jim is Sunday, Feb 10 at Mayes Mortuary in Morristown

444 W Main St, Morristown, TN 37814

viewing is 5-7, service at 7

Internement the following day, but I was driving and could not write down where, I think she said the VA cemetery in Morristown

William Debord
                    Hudson River War Hornets
                    Will Debord
                    Governor Guards

Comment

I had met Jim a number of times - incredibly decent fellow. I'm pained to see this news.

I'll pray for Jim's family.
                      Paul Calloway
                      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
                      Proud Member of the GHTI
                      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
                      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

So sad. Jim was a great guy. I still use much of the gear I got from him when I first started out in the hobby. He will be missed. :(
                        Frank Perkin

Comment

I also heard this morning. Like so many touched by this kind man I am deeply saddened today. I bought my first uniform from him and still use some of his leather gear.

I had just seen him and Linda a couple of weeks ago at Brooksville Florida. He was his usual spry self. I guess it goes to show that we should relish every day we are allowed to be on this planet. I certainly count him and Linda s friends of mine. I will certainly miss seeing him on Sutler Row as a re-enactor and fellow vendor. I sent Linda a note this morning but am sure she has more to deal with than looking at e-mails so if any of you happen to have contact with her please tell her that Lori and I are praying for her and her family and if there is anything we can do to let us know (my contact info was in the e-mail I sent her). :(
                          Robert Collett
                          8th FL / 13th IN
                          Armory Guards
                          WIG

Comment

Hell of a good guy. I still use quite a bit of his leather goods.
                            Chris Suppelsa

Comment

Jim was a great guy and this hobby has suffered yet another loss! I have never seen Jim mad or even complain at an event for that matter. No matter when or where you saw him he was always glad to be there and ready to talk shop. He will be missed greatly. I will keep Linda and the rest of her family in my prayers.

Bill Lomas
                              Bill Lomas

[B][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]E. J. Thomas Mercantile[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
                              [FONT="Century Gothic"]P.O. Box 332
                              Hatboro, PA 19040
                              [URL="http://www.ejtmercantile.com"]www.ejtmercantile.com[/URL]
                              [email]info@ejtmercantile.com[/email][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X