Struggles of Secession - Westville, GA 1863 / Oct 20-24, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggles of Secession - Westville, GA 1863 / Oct 20-24, 2010

The dates for Struggles of Seccession - Westville, GA 1863 have been locked in for October 20-24th, 2010. This date is one week out from thr previously tentative date. No website is up yet, but you can refer to the 2008 website for some past details at:

The 2010 website will be up in late November 2009

Regards,
    Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Re: Struggles of Secession - Westville, GA 1863 / Oct 20-24, 2010

The new website for the 2010 event is up at:

Check it out! Registration opens Dec 1, 2009.

Jim Butler
    SCAR www.scarreenactors.com
    SRR www.geocities.com/saltriverrifles
    Jim Butler

Comment

We have passed the 100th registration mark and plans for the Struggles of Secession event are coming together nicely. Here is a current update for the event:

- Major vignettes and Tour schedules have been written.
      - Role guidelines have been completed and emailed out to coordinators.
      - Synopsis article "The Struggles of Secession" has been completed and posted at:

This article is a compilation of my research for the event and should be the guiding
      document that sets the tone for the event.
      - Registration list has been updated and posted at:

- Early registration cut-off is August 30th. The fee then goes up to $45 after that date.
      - Roles that still need to be filled:
      - Mechanic and Workers Organization, GA State House candidate.
      - Blacksmiths.
      - Munition Factory workers.
      - Boot Factory workers.
      - Deserters.
      - Homeguard (full time or anyone can take a shift over the weekend).
      - Cotton farmers (in town selling their cotton).
      - Butcher (issues rations on Thurs & Fri at store).
      - Ladies that can demonstrate a period activity (making substitutes, Ladies Aid Society, etc).
      - and more!
      - We also need volunteers who would like to perform in the amateur, period, talent show (5-10 minute performances).
      - Keep in mind that you are also welcome to bring your horses or mules. Bob McClendon is teh equine coordinator for the event (no other pets or animals are allowed).
      - Yahoo group for registered members only is available and active. Lots of good discussions and information has been posted there.
      - Caste ratios has been maintained at a 4 to 1 ratio (Yeoman to Wealthy class).
      - If you have questions or would like an invitation please contact:
      Men: Jim Butler at unionguy1@comcast.net
      Women: Vickie Rumble at Victoria_Rumble@elmore.rr.com (note this is a new email)

Don't delay on getting signed up as available roles will begin to diminish in number. Registration will also close when we have hit the cap at 170.

Thankas & Regards,
      Jim Butler
      Jim Butler

Comment

Early registration for 'Struggles of Secession - Westville, GA 1863' ends on Aug 30th. The registration fee then increases to $45 after that date. Late registration closes on Sept 30th. Note that $11 in registration fee is refunded in "Notes" that can be spent at the event. Additional funds are put into the economy thru 'goals' and period meals are provided.

Do not delay in getting registered as many roles are already filled. We do need people to play deserters, full time Home Guard, Boot Shop workers and Munition workers. I also need someone to play the County Tax collector. Ladies are also needed for various Yeoman class roles and Munition Factory workers. Docents are also needed.

All participants must agree to the posted event and dress guidelines posted on the website.

The updated registration list dated 8-11-10 and event info can be viewed at www.strugglesofsecession.com

Thanks,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

Jim,
          Do you have a current head count? Looking forward to this event!
          [I][SIZE=3]Jeff Gibson[/SIZE][/I]
          [SIZE=3][I]Consolidated Independent Rangers[/I][/SIZE]
          [I][SIZE=3]Formerly of Sunny Central Florida now the rolling hills of Tennessee[/SIZE][/I]

Comment

Jeff,

As of 8-13-10 we are at 117 people. The registration list is posted at www.strugglesofsecession.com under the 'registration' tab.

Thanks,
            Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Early registration for 'Struggle of Secession - Westville, GA 1863' is now closed. The late registration fee is $45 and closes Sept 30th. There is the likley possibility we could reach our cap before that date and registration could be closed earlier.
              You can view the updated registration page at:

Thanks,
              Jim Butler
              Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 09-03-2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: typo
              Jim Butler

Comment

Working...
              X