Something for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for Christmas

Two of my favorite things are history and Christmastime - and more specifically, reenacting and Christmas carols. I think it would be wonderfully fun to put together some kind of Christmas party, set during or just prior to the Civil War. Because it would just be an afternoon/evening thing, I don't suppose the planning would be nearly as difficult as for weekend events, which I am sure are nightmares to coordinate. As a relative newbie to the hobby, I'd love some feedback on this idea, and if it's not completely lunatic, some help planning it? I'm in Baltimore, so if anyone in this area is interested, speak up :)

Sincerely,
    Victoria Simons
    Victoria Rose Simons
    [email]visim001@mail.goucher.edu[/email]

Re: Something for Christmas

I know the folks at Point Lookout have a great annual Christmas party. The 2nd Delaware may join them very soon. I will look up some contact names for you and get back.
    John Barr
    2nd Delaware

Comment

Re: Something for Christmas

Last year the local CWRT asked me to speak, so I did Christmas 1860, brought the local newspaper and we had period-correct snacks. Temperance punch wasn't possible at the time, but could have been done with more advance notice. If you look at Virginia's Veranda, she has a nice Christmas article. From there, it's a matter of looking up what you think would go nicely with a Christmas tea or afternoon reception.

Depending on the year you choose, it may be quite poignant. I found Christmas 1860 sobering because of the number of young local men who would be spending their last one at home. Even for those who made it back, the world wouldn't be the same when they got here.
      Becky Morgan

Comment

Working...
      X