Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Events

Hello all,

What events are folks planning on attending this year for the 150th? In what capacity? I know most will be farb fests, but alot of the mainstream events are so tempting this year. I am looking at Sumter, Manassas, Independence Village and Shaker Village. If anyone else is planning on attending any of these or knows of any events are can't miss...please let me know. I have to take 37 days of leave by Sept, but need to plan them well as the flying schedule is set for us well in advance. I also may be deploying in Sept...

Take care and nice to see you all again, it has been too long : )

Nicolette Sebastian
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]Cheers,

Nicolette A. Sebastian[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: 2011 Events

I don't believe Ft. Sumter is a mainstream event. It is being put on by Claude Sinclair's group and quite a few of the c/p/h crowd is going. I know the Shaker Village is being put on by non-mainstream units. Also, Manassas has several c/p/h groups signed up as Campaign Adjuncts.
    I posted on the CW reenactors forum about the progressive Civilian Adjunct we will have at Wilson's Creek. This was started at Twin Rivers and will be ongoing throughout the 150's. We will have a prescence at Wilson's Creek this year and at Shiloh and at Vicksburg in 2012. Guidelines will be posted on CWR if you would like to follow what we are trying to accomplish. Have a good year reenacting.
    Robert Orrand
    N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
    Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
    4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

We will never see events like this in our lifetimes! Mainstream or not the next 4 years are going to be a blast. My unit is geared up for several great events in the Trans-Miss. The Battle of Honey Springs near Checotah, Ok. and Wilson's Creek are definetly on our list. I doubt I will make Manassas because of personal responsibilities, but Wilson's Creek is top on the list right now.
      Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
      16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
      Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

A couple of years ago, some of us started looking at wrapping wagons and teams around us for the 150ths--both to provide the service in the form of water wagons and to insulate from the atmosphere of some of the events. My own wagon will be ready to roll before 1st Manassas.

At the same time, another group started working to provide opportunities for civilians at large 'western' mainstream events. As Robert Orrand mentioned, such an effort will be a part of Wilson's Creek, and other upcoming Blue-Gray Alliance events. Many of us recognize an obligation to provide leadership and information to the larger hobby so that the level of accuracy can be raised in all our portrayals. Recently I was part of a group that met in St. Louis, and websites will be updated shortly with additional information.

In addition to the recent To Prevent the Effusion of Blood, I plan to attend Raising the First Minnesota in April, along with several in-state school programs and some speaking engagements for camps of instruction. Fall will be mostly devoted to my 'other hobby'--18th century, and some private events.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
        X