Childrens clothing patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens clothing patterns

Is there a company or person who sells easy to make childrens clothing patterns? I can tell you about military but not a clue about civilian childrens clothing. I need a trouser, vest and sack coat? appropriate 8 yo boys outer wear patterns. How about childrens felt hats?
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Shawn Stern[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [url]www.wheelingfencibles.com[/url]
    Wheeling Independence Hall Foundation
    PSL

Re: Childrens clothing patterns

Period Impressions sells patterns for older boys, but they will need serious tweaking to remove the military detailing and may not include historic sewing techniques. Elizabeth Stewart Clark has a line of patterns for infants and young boys (to age 6 or so). All three of the tailoring manuals for civilian menswear include drafting patterns for boys, and with math skills and a ruler aren't too difficult.

Ready-made clothing and custom order clothing is available from reputable vendors. A children's clothing exchange is available via yahoo groups.

Good luck.
    -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger

Comment

Re: Childrens clothing patterns

The children's clothing exchange is called Economy & Frugality. It was started by Jess Craig. Here's where it is discussed:

No need to PM me, ask it here where EVERYONE can gain the answers to the questions ONLY YOU have the courage to ask.
      -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger

Comment

Working...
      X