X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Shopping: Civilian Men and Older Boys

Friends-
    I have been given special permission to post a list of civilian-focused merchants whose goods will meet or exceed campaigner standards. This is not an all-encompassing list, simply some of the ones my friends and I recommend. Many are not in the AC Approved Vendor program, but if they see your patronage come from this listing it might give some encouragement. Please feel free to add your favorites in the comments; however, please limit yourself to company name, maker, contact info, and a brief testimonial of their goods. If you go too far into the "advertising" realm, I'll have to put on my moderator bonnet.
    Lists for women's goods and children's goods are forthcoming.
    Hopefully helpful-
    ~Wolfie

Of course your first stop will be the fine folks in the Authentic Campaigner Approved Vendor program. Really, they're there for a reason.
    • The Button Baron- SO much MORE than buttons! Look to them for housewares, stationery, tin (both antiques and quality reproductions by Axel Ulrich), furniture
    • Comer's Gunworks- same quality work on your hunting rifle as your military arms
    • Olson's Tinware- everyone needs a tin something at some point
    • Orchard Hill Cutlery- outfit the kitchen or your pocket with knives

But what about CLOTHES?
    Some quick terminology:
    Bespoke- means they take your measurements and draft a pattern from which they proceed to make your garment
    Made-to-Measure- means they have a collection of standardized patterns and they select the closest to your measurements and tweak it for you, then proceed to make your garment
    Ready-made- means the item is made ahead of time to the "size" offered and you buy it "as is", alterations are sometimes available upon inquiry

For Shirts, Drawers, and "Plain Sewing Items":
    *Talbott & Co. by Eileen Hook On Etsy
    Bespoke and ready-made shirts, vests, aprons, cravats, sleeve protectors, housewives, pomade, cologne, and bayberry candles

*The Needleworker by Jenny D'Onofrio On Etsy
    Bespoke and ready-made shirts, cravats, covered boxes, sewing notions

For Tailored Garments:
    *Ivy Wolf Design Bespoke Historical Tailoring by Elaine Kessinger OnFB
    Bespoke menswear and older boyswear for the laboring and working professional classes, occasional ready-made items. Often a long wait time (it's me. I'll be honest with you.)

*Corner Clothiers by Kara Bocek On the Web
    Bespoke and ready-made menswear

*He Who Shall Not Be Named by Mr. S.
    Bespoke and ready-made garments, accessories, housewares and needful items, and SHOES.

*Debra DiFranco Reproductions by Debra DiFranco On FB
    Bespoke and Made-To-Measure garments

*Originals By Kay and P Palmer Drygoods by Kay Gnagey On the Web
    Bespoke and ready-made clothing, jewelry and accessories, fabric and notions, and the Peachtree Mercantile patterns #P-FL501 and Trouser Pattern

*Somewhere In Time Historical Clothiers by Bobbi Broulliard On FB
    Bespoke and Made-To-Measure clothing of all sorts.

*Carter & Jasper by Joe Blunt On the Web
    Bespoke and ready-made garments and accessories, sundries, household items, and even knitted garments

Specialty Items:
    *Ezra Barnhouse Goods by Beth Crabb On FB
    Household items, Tinware, Tigley overshoes, and MORE!

*Merrick's Custom Leatherwork by Speedy Merrick On FB
    Belts, Valises, Bags, Sheaths and protective covers

*South Union Mills by Chris Utley On the Web
    Blankets, Socks, Straw hats, Rubberized rain gear, and meticulously reproduced hankies

*The Company Tailor by Cody Mobley On FB
    Ready-made useful items, hats, blankets, really impressively reproduced trunks, and occasional "short runs" of certain bespoke items

*Jewelry4Reenactors by Mandy Kallal On Etsy

Pocketwatches, Chains, Fobs, Watch Sets, Cravat Pins, "Statement Pins", Sleeve Button Sets

*Creative Cockades by Heather Sheen On Etsy
    Bespoke and ready-made cockades, rosettes, and ribbons for statements and mourning

Sewing Patterns:
    *Past Patterns by Sandra Ros Altman; 006, 009, 010, 011, 014, 015, 016, 018, 019, 910 Buy Direct

*Laughing Moon Mercantile: 107,109, 119, 116 (Read the ~dates~ carefully on these, a wide range in the same envelope) Buy Direct

~~~Please note: This is not an all-encompassing list and leaving off your favorite is not a personal snub.
    Last edited by Elaine Kessinger; 01-09-2019, 08:16 AM. Reason: Expansion :-)
    -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger
Working...
X