No announcement yet.

Where To Be in 2019 (For Non-Military)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Be in 2019 (For Non-Military)

As the title implies, here begins event announcements for CIVILIANS, Citizens, and non-military types.

Please remember the event should have enforced authenticity standards in accordance with the Civilian Manifesto.

List DATES, title, organizers, civilian contact, Further Info Link, and LOCATION.
    A description of what types of non-military to do what types of activities/portrayals is helpful.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-05-2019, 09:11 AM.
    -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger

Re: Where To Be in 2019 (For Non-Military)

I have the winter blues and I am anxiously waiting to see a list of authentic civilian events or military events with civilian interaction. C'mon, don't make me spend my summer lurking around sutler row at mainstream events!
    Ryan Thornton

Comment

Re: Where To Be in 2019 (For Non-Military)

I've got 3-4 things on my plate for this year.

We just had a great Vermont winter weekend at the beginning of February - sledding, skating, and sleigh rides. I am thinking this might happen again next year. We rented out an inn and space is limited, but if you are interested, please let me know.

The next event I am organizing is Sharksmouth - an estate in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts. That is May 9-12, 2019. This is a semi-immersion event that portrays upper class Bostonian society in 1865. We rent out the grand house (still owned by the same family that built it!) for the weekend. We will take a schooner sail on Saturday and will have other period activity plans. Spaces in the house are all claimed, but there is room for day trippers or those staying off-site.

The event at Welbourne Plantation is the weekend of October 24-27, 2019. Very much like the Sharksmouth event. We rent out this B&B for the weekend and portray members and friends of the family who lived in the house during the 19th century (still owned by the same family). Just as above, spaces in the house are all claimed but there is room for day trippers or those staying off-site.

Hopewell Furnace National Park civilian living history event does not have a date yet for this year. If it happens, I'm hoping for September, but I am still working on details and logistics with the NPS on this one.

All these events are "invitation only" so please contact me with inquiries. All participants are held to high authenticity standards in dress, accessories, material cultural, and behavior. If you have any questions, please let me know. I can be reached at snowcraig@ymail.com
      Jessica Craig
      Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society (AGSAS)

Comment

Working...
      X