Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• period storage

Greetings Forum Readers:

A few weeks past, I posted a message about period storage books, however, while going over my library, I discovered that I forgot another good source. A great book to have is "To Have & To Hold - Decrorative American Boxes" by Pat Ross, ISBN#0-670-83061-5, $20, Viking Studio Books.

You name it, this book has a photo and description of what the box was used for, how it was decorated, AND the sources to create you own. The best part of the book is that the descriptions of boxes are used for any variety of reasons for men, women, and children. The chapter on 'hearth& home' is great because it shows so many different storage uses for store goods that were recycled into home use which would have been appropriate for civilian and refugee impressions. Believe me, you'll enjoy this book and find it useful for searching stores for the right style box, carton, or tin.

Mfr,
    Judith Peebles
    Mfr,
    Judith Peebles.
    No Wooden Nutmegs Sold Here.
    [B]Books![B][/B][/B] The Original Search Engine.

Re: period storage

Another storage question?
    Does any one know anything about wicker or woven trunks/boxes? I would like to find out about sizes, if they were painted, how common for use would they have been. Were they used mostly for home use or travel also? Did woven trunk/boxes made from other materials? Possibly a source with pictures?

Thank you.
    Susan Armstrong

Comment

Working...
    X