Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministers/Pastors

Hey Pards,
    Im lookinf for info on Ministers/Pastors in the civil war. Also If there were any reenators on the AC site that do a Minister Impression or are a true minister.

Thanks,
    Ken Reihl
    [B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Kenneth J. Reihl[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DimGray"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]12th Alabama Infantry, Company C[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Ministers/Pastors

Originally posted by amazingkenneth View Post
    Hey Pards,
    Im lookinf for info on Ministers/Pastors in the civil war. Also If there were any reenators on the AC site that do a Minister Impression or are a true minister.

Thanks,
    Ken Reihl
    The Columbia Rifles has a member who was in Seminary, but I believe who has been Ordained by now. He has done a few period services at events I was at with the Potomac Legion. His name is Mike Peterson.
    Marc Riddell
    1st Minnesota Co D
    2nd USSS Company C
    Potomac Legion

Comment

Hey Ken,

I do church meetings in the field and full blown services. Someone who I would consider an expert on the subject is Pastor Alan Farly of RMJC. He has a website and a number of reprinted period pamphlets he also has some good texts about Pastors and faith in the Civil War.

His link is http://www.rmjc.org/

I have enclosed a Pic of A service at Ft. Donelson

Rod Miller
      Attached Files
      Rod Miller
      [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
      A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
      1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
      1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
      1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
      1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
      Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
      1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
      Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Sir, for which denomination are you seeking information? And, for what region of the country? If you'll do a search of the forum, there may still be discussions of clergy and ministers in the Citizen's area (this topic really doesn't need to be in the Sinks--that's why there's a whole Non-Military section of the forum. :) )
        Regards,
        Elizabeth Clark

Comment

There is also a piece about chplains just posted by Paul Calloway yesterday. http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...light=chaplain
          Robert Collett
          8th FL / 13th IN
          Armory Guards
          WIG

Comment

I am currently in seminary and have about 30 hrs. left to go. I used to be very active in the military side of things, but life got in the way (cursed bills!). I hope to get back into the swing of things within the next few years doing a minister impression as well. I appreciate all the info provided thus far.

Jason Reasor

Comment

Thank you everyone for your info. IFor a past question I am a Non-Denom Christian Minister and attending a Interfaith Seminary in NY as well. I am looking more for a Civilian look as I do more Confederate.

God Bless
              Last edited by amazingkenneth; 01-19-2007, 08:41 PM. Reason: wanted to add
              [B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Kenneth J. Reihl[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
              [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DimGray"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]12th Alabama Infantry, Company C[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X