Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hats

Kathy,
    I think that you have captured the essence of this hat. The matter of colour is a nonsequetor. The style of the hat is exactly what the most pristine images portray. I am certain that the buyers will impart their own impressions on the shape, based on photographs.
    What a very nice and crisp military hat you have produced.
    If I remember correctly the original question was about the shape of this hat and a manufacturer who could produce them.
    The first part was easy and you stepped up to the plate for the second.
    I await my hat with eagerness.

Erik Simundson

Colour? That is another 50 miles of rough road.
    Erik Simundson

Comment

The first of the hats should be in some mailboxes today. Others should arrive Monday and throughout next week. So far, $345.75 has been designated for preservation. Thank you!

Comment

Ms. Kathy,

I wanted to let you know that I received my hat today. It looks and fits great! Thanks very much.
        Best Regards,
        Charles Kevin Traxler
        Charles Kevin Traxler
        "You may find me one day dead in a ditch. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass" Trooper M. Padgett

Comment

I received mine today as well. It is outstanding!! Not even sure that word does it justice. You do amazing work Kathy. I will wear it proudly in a couple of weeks and any other chance I get. Also, thank you for the tracts.

Kind Regards,
          Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
          Civil War Digital Digest
          Sally Port Mess

Comment

Hey,
            Now we have the hats now we need Michigan Sack Coats!

I wonder if a particular Michigan vendor would ever be willing to do a run of those....:p

Maybe just in a kit?? :D
            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
            Civil War Digital Digest
            Sally Port Mess

Comment

Kathy, received the cap a few days ago. Beautiful! It will great service. Thank you.

Layton Pennington
              [FONT=Times New Roman]Layton Pennington[/FONT]
              Member, Company of Military Historians
              Member, Society for Military History
              Life member, SCV
              Life member: Veterans of Foreign Wars,
              American Legion, Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Received my Michigan hat today, thank you Kathy it looks great, will wear it to next event in two weeks, as with your sleeping cap and housewife these items are expertly crafted , one of a kind ,and greatly appreciated .
                Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

I also received my cap. Awesome job. Looks great, fits like a glove, and will keep my noggin warm.

Thanks for your top-notch service and work :)
                  Ron Mueller
                  Illinois
                  New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
                  Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
                  Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Kathy,
                    I received my Canada cap today. Hurrah.
                    The fit is perfect and the finishing a delight. What a very nice professional piece. As I portray an officer it shall be more of a camp hat for me but a warm and comfortable one. The highest compliment was from my daughter who said " You look like a voyageur. Are we having quiche and creme brulee for dinner?"
                    Oddly enough, when wearing the cap I cannot tell what color it is.
                    Really nice work and thank you for the tracts. I shall read them carefully.

Erik Simundson
                    Erik Simundson

Comment

One extra hat

All of the hats for which funds were received before this week are in the mail. They should arrive in plenty of time for Wolcott's Mill. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

I have one extra hat ready to go out. It's dark blue, size 7 1/2. Anyone interested?

Comment

Pm sent on extra hat.
                        Tyler Gibson
                        The Independent Rifles

Comment

The extra one is reserved for Tyler. Thank you.

There is still more of both colors of wool felt and Mrs. Lawson's indigo yarn. If anyone else wants one of these hats, please just let me know. This has been a a terrific project, and it's even better that so much will be going to preservation.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this. So far, the donation stands at $471.80. We're two hats away from being able to donate over $500 to Fort Wayne. Generous people sent extra toward the project or donated their military discount, so it added up quickly. A check will be sent so that it may be presented at the Light Infantry Drill scheduled for November 7th.

If anyone else would like a hat, they are still available.

Meanwhile, if anyone has pictures, I'd love to see them, and if it's okay with you, I'd love to have them posted here.

With much appreciation,

Comment

Kathy,
                              Here's a picture of myself and the host unit, 4th texas Co. E. It was taken midmorning Sunday. I was little tired at this point. The Canada Hats were the hit of the event. I'm sure you'll be getting more orders soon. Our local P.B.S. station channel 56 Detriot will also be featuring the hat one week from this Monday at 5:30pm. If you go to the Michigan social group several pictures has also been posted of the event.

Dave Prince
                              Event Coordinator
                              "Skirmish at Wolcott Mill Event"
                              Attached Files
                              Dave Prince

Comment

For those that have not picked up one of these gems you're missing out. My cap arrived today and Kathy's caftswomanship is to be congratulated. I could not be more pleased. ~Gary
                                Gary Dombrowski
                                [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X