New Blanket Reproduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Blanket Reproduction!

I too would like to see the red blanket and the white blanket made for Mex War and early Civil War impressions.

J.M. Perry
    Jppard
    Geezer Mess
    J. Michael Perry

Comment

Yes an early war red blanket! Love federal blankets, you must make more:D
      Wade Rogers

Comment

Of course with my working at a pre-war/post war fort (McKavett was abandoned from 1859-1868), I 'd be interested in any federal variants...maybe the "double-blanket" mentioned earlier or a good copy of the pre-war 1857 regulation on in Denmark???

For CSA I would love to see a really good English Army blanket, especially blue/grey like what was being issued out of the Houston Depot!

Chris Fischer
        Fort McKavett
        &
        F-Troop

Comment

With so many US blankets on the market and the only choice for a CS blanket is a captured US blanket, NC Blanket, or a civilian coverlett or ... I think a documented CS blanket is much needed in this hobby.
          Brad Ireland
          Old Line Mess
          4th VA CO. A
          SWB

Comment

Originally posted by FTrooper View Post
            ...or a good copy of the pre-war 1857 regulation on in Denmark???
            County Cloth has been reproducing this blanket for years.
            John Wickett
            Former Carpetbagger
            Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Originally posted by LibertyHallVols View Post
              County Cloth has been reproducing this blanket for years.
              Out of stock for quite some time now (since earlier this year).
              Bene von Bremen

German Mess

"I had not previously known one could get on, even in this unsatisfactory fashion, with so little brain."
              Ambrose Bierce "What I Saw of Shiloh"

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Runyon View Post
                Sign me up for that dark blue fed blanket from the Kurz collection...you've seen it.
                I second this motion.

Comment

Instead of everyone saying what we would like to see, it is obvious they have something in mind. Keep them votes coming and lets just peer pressure them into giving away the two ideas..... ha.
                  Drew Gruber
                  Drew

"God knows, as many posts as go up on this site everyday, there's plenty of folks who know how to type. Put those keyboards to work on a real issue that's tied to the history that we love and obsess over so much." F.B.

"...mow hay, cut wood, prepare great food, drink schwitzel, knit, sew, spin wool, rock out to a good pinch of snuff and somehow still find time to go fly a kite." N.B.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, it's been really interesting. I'm surprised at the near perfect split between a new Federal issue blanket and a CS blanket.

I know that I had jumped the gun a bit and let a few details loose. This was premature; Dan and I agreed that we must properly and professionally source every aspect of either project before we can announce all the details. Trust me when I say that if either of these come to fruition no one will be disappointed.

And yes, I am a blanket hound...I want to see red Federal blankets, dark blue Federal blankets, Federal import blankets, many more gray Federal blankets, white CS blankets, etc. etc. but we've turned our attention to two originals and two originals alone for the time being.

Keep the input coming!!!
                    Brian White
                    [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
                    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
                    [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

Originally posted by GreencoatCross View Post
                      I want to see red Federal blankets, dark blue Federal blankets, Federal import blankets, many more gray Federal blankets[...]"
                      Indeed.

Originally posted by GreencoatCross View Post
                      "[...]but we've turned our attention to two originals and two originals alone for the time being."
                      Oh, the suspense!

Comment

Hallo!

"Sometimes I think the blanket habit is probably the most addicting in the hobby - one can actually use the dang things all over the house and car when not in the field...and that helps get them past the boss at home."

I found that the woodsmoke was overpowering for a bedroom blanket.
                        ;) :)

For Federal, I have a Wisconsin Veterans Museum "Auggie Weissert" blanket and a Charlie Childs'.
                        I use a C.J. Wilde homespun blanket for "Confederate" as the Wisconsin Veterans Museum "Pea Ridge" blanket was better suited for a light weight linsey-woolsey shirt.

I could go for a nice "heavy" "CS" bankie if the blanket was right. :)

Curt
                        Curt Schmidt
                        In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                        -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                        -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                        -Vastly Ignorant
                        -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Howdy!
                          I couldn't agree any better mitt Herr Schmidt's opinion!

Gerald Smolik
                          Co. A 4th Va. Inf.
                          ANV

Comment

on and off topic...

County Cloth and his "partner in blankets" are debating getting out of the blanket biz and will probably not restock unless they have a rather significant portion of the order reserved. So don't hold your breath for a restock...but last time I said that they DID do a second run of the Mex-War white blankets! :wink_smil

Chris Fischer
                            Fort McKavett
                            &
                            F-Troop

Comment

I voted for the US blanket, as many blankets I have viewed are out of stock or not the quality/authenticity that I want to purchase. Dan and Brian, you have my interest and attention. I look forward to your revealing your blanket offering!

As a footnote: I just returned from the Prairie Grove event and a nice, warm blanket was at the top of the equipment list. So I am biased to hear of your intent to offer such an item.

Your Obedient Servant,
                              Cpl. Skip Korte
                              17th MO. Vol Inf.
                              Company G
                              Western Blues Mess

Comment

Voted for a CS one as I already have a US un'...
                                Regards,
                                Scott Dallimore
                                14th SCVI Co. I "McCalla's Rifles"
                                Reedy River Mess - 16th S.C. The Greenville Rg't
                                -------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X