Fall Dye Run Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Dye Run Now Available

Thanks for having such great pictures of the house across the street! Their renovation has gone splendidly. Maybe if I hit the lottery they can be persuaded by obnoxious piles of cash to part with that grand beauty???
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Candace, it would have to be an awfully big lottery.

Since the house is maintained in its original exterior form, right down to 'no storm windows', the utilities alone run into 4 figures monthly--and that was before the present owners moved in with 4 children.

And, having seen that fine home up close, you will appreciate that Katrina took off the top story of the 1920's addition by dropping one of our heritage oaks on it. Dear Husband and I saw that tree go down, as we were out in that storm pulling a neighbor out from under the one that flattened her little cottage.

Amazingly, these graceful old trees tend to go out as ladies---not falling over with a bang, but leaning ever so slowly and gently, fainting gracefully into the houses with little momentum but a lot of weight. The owners had left for the storm, but I had men with a bucket truck and a big come-along wrapped around that tree shortly after first light.

Laying that tree down in the street was the last we saw of woodworkers for a number of months......and I dyed a whole lot with oak bark that year. Folks accused me of taking that tree apart with a hand axe--and I very nearly did. :D She made some lovely color.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I do appreciate the response on the large 1 pound 'dyer's skeins' at $75. Several folks have a lot of knitting and weaving laid out in front of them this winter.

I'll start tomorrow the process of breaking down the remaining dyer's skeins into 100 yard knitting skeins at $8 per skein, with a minimum order of 6 skeins, shipping included.

Dyer's skeins for which Paypal confirmation has been received by tomorrow will ship on Wednesday.

I thank you, and the cat who has been watching that pile of yarn from outside the window with great longing in his heart, thanks you as well........as he'll get some cat food from the deal.:D
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
        X