Tim Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tim Bender

I have to agree with all that has been said regarding Tim. I have two of his hats and am looking for an excuse/valid reason to buy another....always comes up trumps!
    [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U]Ken Pettengale[/U][/I][/B][/FONT]
    [I]Volunteer Company, UK[/I]

"You may not like what you see, but do not on that account fall into the error of trying to adjust it to suit your own vision of what it ought to have been."
    -- [I][B]George MacDonald Fraser[/B][/I]

Comment

I have one of Tim's 1858 hats that I recently bought used on the forum and am extremely pleased with it. It compares very favorably with the originals that I sampled for an article I wrote back in 1990: http://www.33wis.com/articles/pdf/Hardee%20Hat.pdf

Yesterday I called one of the "other highly regarded hat vendors" to check stock status and ask a few detail questions on an officer's dress hat. I received a very rude response to my questions, and I was actually hung up on by this abrasive individual. I then called Tim Bender with the same questions...and what a breath of fresh air! He was pleasant and accomodating and said he would get the hat out in 2-3 weeks.

I would rather have my gums scraped then to call any other hat vendor than Tim!
      Paul McKee

Comment

I have to agree! I have 4 of Tim's hats. Tim is first rate and always goes above and beyond to make sure his customers needs are met. The "other" vendor Paul is talking about has just about burned his bridges with most of the guys on the campaigner side of the hobby. His overall hats quality is way down as of late as well. Thank god we have Tim Bender! I can't imagine Tim ever taking short cuts to make a few extra bucks. Thanks Tim for setting the goal standard. We could use a few more like you! Keep up the amazing work.
        [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
        Handsome Company Mess
        Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X