Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vendors sell the NY state jacket?

Hello
    I've been looking around through the AC approved vendors but I can't find anyone that makes the New York state jacket.
    Would anyone happen to know if there are any AC approved or non-AC vendors that make authentic products that do the NY state jacket?
    Thanks
    Kenny Pavia
    24th Missouri Infantry

Re: Any vendors sell the NY state jacket?

Rich Watters makes a NYS jacket, and he is about the best there is for Federal jackets. He was a partner at the Depot in Gettysburg. His work is top notch, you wont be disapointed.
    Sean "Wick" Wickerham
    Southern Rifles
    and independent

Comment

Joe Blunt or Chris Daley are also good options for New York State Jackets.
      Lewis M Robinson Jr
      Armory Guards
      Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

How can I get in touch with Rich Watters?

I checked Daley's website and he offers the state jacket. Is he able to make it into a NY one?
        Kenny Pavia
        24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Daley has made them in the past. They are superb . However , I do believe that Chris has a really full plate and unless it's changed since I spoke with him about this style jacket last . They will be like Hens' teeth with him. For awhile.
          Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Originally posted by BarryDusel View Post
            Daley has made them in the past. They are superb . However , I do believe that Chris has a really full plate and unless it's changed since I spoke with him about this style jacket last . They will be like Hens' teeth with him. For awhile.
            That's a pretty accurate assessment. I'm not in tune with who makes what these days, but check with high quality guys like Wambaugh, Blunt, Sekel@ and others.

Another piece of advice is to troll the forums in search of a used one. The secondary market for these jackets is flooded. I made about 120 of these jackets over the last decade and there are always good deals on the forums for a used one if you're patience enough.

Good luck to all your Excelsior boys looking for a spiffy new jacket.
            [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Chris, I have one of your NY jackets and it is my FAVORITE jacket without question. I get compliments on it all the time.
              Ernie Manzo
              Co. C, 1st USSS (NCWA)

Comment

I have one of Daley's too, and if you can find one, you will be very happy with it. Great job Chris.
                ~ Chris Hubbard
                Robert L. Miller Award Winner No. 28 May, 2007
                [url]www.acwsa.org[/url]

Comment

Come on, folks. Keep the thread on track.
                  Silas Tackitt,
                  one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
                  X