Joe Hill Federal haversacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Hill Federal haversacks

Does anyone have a better contact for Joe Hill? I have tried his email, but have not been able to reach him.
    Lewis M Robinson Jr
    Armory Guards
    Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

I too have tried to contact him via email and haven't gotten a response as of yet.
      ~Marc Shaffer~

Comment

I have been unable to reach him over the last few months as well. I usually have gotten quick responses from him in the past and he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would just ignore people, so I hope nothing happened to him.
        Respectfully,
        Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Gents,
          Joe has had some health issues recently. He is now coming out of it. I spoke to him a couple days ago and reminded him that folks are trying to get through to him.

I am sure that he will address everyone as soon as he can.
          Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Joe's getting up to speed. talked to him yesterday.

He is not limited to US uniforms. He's made me a Columbus Depot jacket, a plain CS jacket, a CS frock that is a work of art, and like Jim, all of my Fed stuff. And shirts, drawers, etc. Joe and I grew up as friends since 1st grade and both got into the hobby together during the 125th anniversary days. He's lived and seen every aspect of the spectrum of authenticity. He's always sought to make things "better". He's an artist who puts the time into things to do it right, or will be candid about limitations.
            Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Heard back from Joe last night. Even though I don't know him all that well, I would echo the above sentiments that he is one of the dedicated good guys in this hobby. He said that he fell behind because of health issues and is getting caught up with folks now that he is feeling better. If figured something must be going on. I am glad he is doing better and wish him God speed to a quick recovery.
              ~Marc Shaffer~

Comment

Working...
              X