Traditions, Inc 1861 Springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traditions, Inc 1861 Springfield

Does anyone have any experience with the 1861 Springfiled reproductions that were sold by Traditions, Inc. 20-something years ago? I was wondering if they had any of the same misfire issues that the Armi Sport counter parts have been known for.

I was also wondering if new repro bayonets for the '61 Springfield would fit this type of musket. I wasn't sure if they were more tailored to the Armi Sport variants.

Thanks in advance.
    Kent Baxley

Re: Traditions, Inc 1861 Springfield

Kent, I cannot comment on the rifle and any issues with misfires.
    I would think that the reproduction bayonets would fit. But to be honest I would never use a reproduction bayonet again.
    Save yourself a little money and get an original. As long as you take care of it, it will be just fine.
    Sorry to veer off course. Hopefully Curt will be along soon and provide a little more help.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: Traditions, Inc 1861 Springfield

Hallo!

Dunno.

Traditions is an importer of "lower" end stuff such as Spanish made, formerly CVA. I do not member them making a M1861 but I may have missed it.

Pretty much, IIRC, choices in the 1980's for M1861's were Mike Yeck, Dixie/Miroku, and ArmiSport.

Yikes. It just occurred to me 20-something years ago were mostly the '90's not the '80's!! :(

Curt
      Curt Schmidt
      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
      -Vastly Ignorant
      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
      X