Multiple positive vendor experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple positive vendor experiences

I can now post in this sub-forum, so I wanted to let the other members know about some good experiences. I placed a few orders over the past few months, with the goal of everything arriving by the Memorial Day weekend for an overnight stay in reconstructed barracks.

From Dell's Leather Works, I ordered a leather stock and an Axel Ulrich canteen. I placed the order in February, and the items shipped the day after I placed the order. The lady there was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and I will definitely shop there again for other leather equipment.
    From Wambaugh, White and Co., I ordered an issue shirt. I placed the order in February, and it arrived the Friday before Memorial Day. Dan was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and at some point I will go back to him for some Schuylkill Arsenal items.
    From Corner Clothiers, I ordered some canton flannel drawers. I placed the order in February, and they arrived in mid-May. Kara was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and I hope to work on a civilian impression in the future.

I wore all three items over the Memorial Day weekend for a three-day event, and they were quite comfortable at both day and night (except for that leather torture device, and now I know why soldiers found leather stocks disagreeable). The drawers also held up while bending, kneeling, crawling, and squatting, unlike some muslin drawers I bought in the past. The construction was very sturdy for the drawers and the shirt.

I also won a Parker-Hale Enfield through the preservation raffle, provided by Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods. Mark Krausz was very prompt in correspondence. He also did a great job in packing the Enfield, as there were multiple layers of shipping air pillows, and the entire box was stuffed with a large amount of packing peanuts. I will be watching to see if he will be selling an 1855 Model Springfield in the future.
    Michael Denisovich

Bookkeeper, Indian agent, ethnologist, and clerk out in the Territory
    Museum administrator in New Mexico

Re: Multiple positive vendor experiences

Wow! Enjoy that PH Enfield! They are very well made!
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
    X