X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibertyHallVols
    replied
    Re: Multiple positive vendor experiences

Wow! Enjoy that PH Enfield! They are very well made!

Leave a comment:

• NMVolunteer
    started a topic Multiple positive vendor experiences

Multiple positive vendor experiences

I can now post in this sub-forum, so I wanted to let the other members know about some good experiences. I placed a few orders over the past few months, with the goal of everything arriving by the Memorial Day weekend for an overnight stay in reconstructed barracks.

From Dell's Leather Works, I ordered a leather stock and an Axel Ulrich canteen. I placed the order in February, and the items shipped the day after I placed the order. The lady there was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and I will definitely shop there again for other leather equipment.
    From Wambaugh, White and Co., I ordered an issue shirt. I placed the order in February, and it arrived the Friday before Memorial Day. Dan was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and at some point I will go back to him for some Schuylkill Arsenal items.
    From Corner Clothiers, I ordered some canton flannel drawers. I placed the order in February, and they arrived in mid-May. Kara was pleasant to speak with over the phone. I am satisfied with the order, and I hope to work on a civilian impression in the future.

I wore all three items over the Memorial Day weekend for a three-day event, and they were quite comfortable at both day and night (except for that leather torture device, and now I know why soldiers found leather stocks disagreeable). The drawers also held up while bending, kneeling, crawling, and squatting, unlike some muslin drawers I bought in the past. The construction was very sturdy for the drawers and the shirt.

I also won a Parker-Hale Enfield through the preservation raffle, provided by Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods. Mark Krausz was very prompt in correspondence. He also did a great job in packing the Enfield, as there were multiple layers of shipping air pillows, and the entire box was stuffed with a large amount of packing peanuts. I will be watching to see if he will be selling an 1855 Model Springfield in the future.
Working...
X