Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C.R. Henderson and Sons Ltd.

Mr. Henderson-

Are you an approved vendor yet? If so, then you are sure on your way to being a bigtime candidate from all of the great things I've seen, read and heard about your wares. ;)
    Maybe I'm not seeing your name on the list... if so, mea culpa.

Look forward to doing business with you in the future, sir.

Great stuff -Johnny
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 11-05-2007, 11:24 AM.
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Chris,

I looked at the web site Looks great. I too was impressed with Sorchy's desk. You do not have any prices on the website . Could you give us an idea how much some standards are so we can have some sort of idea????
      Rod Miller
      [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
      A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
      1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
      1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
      1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
      1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
      Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
      1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
      Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

In order to stay in the good graces of AC land, if you want pricing, email me. One of the things I love doing most is talking with people and getting what you need on a personal level. I have made more friends through my business than money (believe it or not) and it has been well worth it.

Mr. Lloyd, first, it was an honor to serve with you at Outpost. Thanks for making the numerous sacrifices you did to make down to get your coffee stole. Second, no, I'm not an approved vendor as of now. I am apprehensive about the changes in my workload if said approval does occur.

Folks, I only get to work in my shop for three nights a week and an occasional weekend due to being a full time cabinetman (I drive a truck and throw cabinets in houses) and a husband and father of three. I also try to make 7 or 8 reenactments a year (mainstream and authentic) so when I get more than 4 or 5 orders at once, I get swamped. What really helps is when my customers come to me with realistic expectations of how long it takes me to do stuff and when they are going to need it. If I rush my work, it turns out like crap and then I have to remake it cause, let's face it, if I wouldn't use it, I wouldn't expect you to either. I literally burned the first table I built because I didn't like the way it turned out- no joking, I busted it up and threw it in my woodburning stove 2 winters ago and my it was toasty! I really appreciate all the praise everybody and look forward to continuing to supply the hobby with my wood.;)

Chris
        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
        WIG/GVB
        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

If you have purchased a hardtack box from me, the stencil on the lid is not correct and in an effort to produce the most accurate reproductions, I have done research and cut a new stencil that I am proud of. It is spot on! If you have purchased one of the boxes from me and would like to have me redo your stencil with the new, correct one, just ship me the lid with a return shipping label and I will scrape off the old paint and apply the new stencil at no charge! All you end up paying is the round trip shipping! To see the new stencil, go to my website.

Mods, if you don't approve of me making this kind of announcement, I understand if you delete this post or do whatever other kind of reprimand is necessary. I just want to make sure that I'm giving everyone who has bought one of the boxes from me to have the opportunity to get it fixed right!
          Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
          WIG/GVB
          In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

I just received my drop front desk from Mr. Henderson. Like I told him, I've been sitting here looking at it trying to come up with the proper adjectives to describe it. What a fine piece of furniture. Mr Henderson's customer service is first rate. During the process he kept me informed of how the project was progressing and even included pictures. I feel like I was part of the process. He took my ideas and went completely beyond my expectations. I can't wait for him to build my next idea. Great work, Chris. Thank you.
            Michael L. Martin, NWCWC, US Medical Dept.

Comment

Working...
            X