Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was armed with what (at a few battles) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who was armed with what (at a few battles) ?

There is also a book out entitled Small Arms at Gettysburg, it's a good read and an indepth look at what units used what and how it affected the battle.
    Brandon English

"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."--William T. Sherman

Comment

the 24th Michigan never had Austrain Rifles. The 2nd Wisconson was armed with those through most of the war. Other than that the rest of the Iron Brigade had Springfields.
      Jim (cannoli) Taub
      24th Michigan Infantry
      [url]www.24thmichigan.org[/url]

Comment

The 24th Michigan was armed with 61 Springfields throught the war. The only regiment of that brigade (Iron Brigade) armed with the Austrian musket was the 2nd Wisconsin. And by most accounts they carried those from 1st Bull Run through Gettysburg, and some through the Grant's 64 Battles.
        Jim (cannoli) Taub
        24th Michigan Infantry
        [url]www.24thmichigan.org[/url]

Comment

...many thanks...

Ben
          Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Ben,
            Great idea for a topic. How did you ever get the Maj to approve that one!? My topic is on a few contemporary issues dealing with the Sniper community in the Marine Corps. Seeing your post reminds me that I had better get to work. I hope you had a good time at the birthday ball last night. Good luck with your paper... don't forget we have an offense test in the morning.

Semper Fidelis,
            Mike Pretus
            16th LA Inf

Comment

Working...
            X