Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armed Confederates in Frederick

Originally posted by marlin teat
    I have examined a very clear copy and I honestly don't see any muddy footprints. Also, there don't seem to be any puddles in the obvious places (gutters). Judging from the fact that there is not as much movement blurring as would be expected, a small lens apeture and quick exposure was probably used which could have only have been accomplished in bright sunlight. Also note the relative absence of shadows. Bright light and small shadows indicate the time to be mid-day. Perhaps this could narrow down the identity to units that passed through town around noon.
    The street looks like it may be cobblestoned to me.
    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Pards, I grew up in Frederick and know Patrick street very well. As a matter of fact, my Dad and I are going to visit that same place. I was wondering if the museum sells that picture? I guess I could go there and find out. Just wondering if anyone knew? I would love to have that picture covering one whole wall in my house. Dan Morgan, 10th Va

Comment

Skeet - I bought my copy (8 x 10) from the Historical Society of Frederick County, Maryland (#P0241). Cost was $25.

Historical Society of Frederick County
        Last edited by ; 02-10-2004, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Some good folks on AC have provided good primary source material for the weather at this time. There was a twenty degree drop in temperature in the days the Confederates were moving through Frederick. Cold fronts commonly have a rain wall preceding the drop. I have written NOAA for the actual precipitation records for the days preceeding the battle. It did rain in DC and Baltimore on three of the days from the 12th to the 16th.
          Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 02-18-2004, 07:33 PM.
          B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Working...
          X