Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorized Atlanta Entrenchments

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
    Mod Note: Will, I can change the title to say "Colorized ACW Pictures" if you wish. That way, you can continue posting in this thread.

BTW, nice job with Barnard's Atlanta photo. Maybe a little more "red" in the clay....
    That would be great thanks...As for the Atlanta clay, I had pictures of three types of Atlanta soil each slightly different, so used the average of them...On my color pallet, the soil looks more reddish, but when it gets applied it gets muted...But, will try to fix it :)
    thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Comment

These are great! It really adds emotion to an otherwise, black and white time in history. The color really helps you grasp the feeling in the photographs.
      Jonathan Siltman
      24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
      Bully Boys Mess
      www.24thmissouri.org
      Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew
      Good ol' Fashion Troublemaker

Comment

And thank you for the link to your site!
        Jonathan Siltman
        24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
        Bully Boys Mess
        www.24thmissouri.org
        Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew
        Good ol' Fashion Troublemaker

Comment

You are very welcome, hope you enjoy my site, its a work in progress lol I have zero painting and drawing skills but not to bad at colorizations lol Also, most of the original civil war images that I have examined are on there as well and might be of interest to you..
          thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Comment

Will, I was only funning about the soil. Not all of it is the classic "red clay."

I've included a photo link from my groups Atlanta Living History from a few years back. The staff set up earthworks by using George Barnard's photos. You can see the soil colors farily well in the sunlight here. Not the vibrant red that many think of. But, it still stains your clothing.

Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Re: Colorized Civil War Images

Herb,
              thanks for the picture; I appreaciate any input or hints on how to improve my pics :) Sometimes when you sample colors from pics, the true colors get distorted so its hard to tell the accuracy of your sample..
              thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-5fdW8Rn-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	223738

Name:	i-ckqg8bP-L.jpg
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	223739
                thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

I found these colorized photos of Lincoln on Facebook. I'm not sure who colored these pictures in, but they are very cool.....

Name:	Lincoln in color.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	223742Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln 1862.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	223743Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln Original Image 1862.jpeg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	223744
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
                  Cincinnati

Comment

Re: Colorized Civil War Images

Name:	i-Lp5wTsH-XL.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	223746

Name:	i-6CJT2RK-XL.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	223747
                    thanks

Will Coffey

Comment

Working...
                    X