Private Elijah Hull - 40th Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Elijah Hull - 40th Ohio

Well, I don't honestly know if he was a GGG Uncle or a GGG Cousin, but Elijah Hull is on my Grandmother Gertrude Hull's side of the family on my Dad's side. Got this from his GG Grandson. Not sure of his battle history other than his active service seems to have stopped around 1863. I don't know when it was colorized, but the effect came out pretty well, I think. He eerily resembles my Dad when he used to have a mustache back in the day.

I believe this is early war. He is wearing a Federal Frock, Sky Blue Trousers and a Forage Cap. Knife is most likely a prop, I would think.

Here is a link to his military record: http://civil-war-soldiers.findthedat...40/Elijah-Hull.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-18-2014, 09:21 PM. Reason: Added Link
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Private Elijah Hull - 40th Ohio

Nice. My extende family's photos all seem to be late war.
    Pat Brown

Comment

He's wearing a scabbard for the knife, so it may not be a prop. Colorization sure makes those buttons nice and shiney.
      Ken Cornett
      MESS NO.1
      Founding Member
      OHIO
      Mason Lodge #678, PM
      Need Rules?

Comment

Hallo!

May still, possibly, be a photographer's studio prop as the belt is "civilian" type rather than an issue waistbelt.
        All in all, impossible to know.

Curt
        Curt Schmidt
        In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
        -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
        -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
        -Vastly Ignorant
        -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Either way , great photo. Be real neat for you to recreate it Eric. Thanks for sharing!

R/S
          Kyle W. Sanders

Armory Guards
          Pick'in eny Mess

"America has no north, no south, no east, no west. The sun rises over the hills and sets over the mountains, the compass just points up and down, and we can laugh now at the absurd notion of there being a north and a south. We are one and undivided." -Sam Watkins-1st Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X